What ever became of Uncle Toys

Notices

What ever became of Uncle Toys

Old 01-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Didn't Toys have those engine/Whipple issues in his Eliminator? It seemed that those issues soured him on performance boating, I could be wrong though, it was a long time ago.
Yes I will not post the details but he did get VERY burned on that deal. It did sour them a little on boating. Most of all it was the long drive to the lake each weekend and some other things.

Jon
Old 01-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vagrant
Ah the good ole days
yeah,, you could even catch Jon on a boat from time to time. Granted it wasn't his Formula, but at least it was someone else's and he was on the water.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by LakeRacer
At least Nort is still with us.
Barely, he is getting old!!!

Originally Posted by klaw
sone of fthe funniest was the monday morninh Nickslick reports
True dat!!!

Originally Posted by vagrant
Ah the good ole days

Aaahhhhhhhh
Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Lutz and Miss Amy, I know its Miss Amy you miss over here.
We just got busy with life outside of boating other than the kids skiing and wakeboarding.
The other site is more regional and we are not even on there that often.
I still lurk over here from time to time. Still communicate with a few from over here, Audio, Wally, Biggus from time to time.
Sold the Formula too.
It is nice to know we are missed though.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Not sure if I have this story right, but several years ago here on OSO there was a guy who had been waiting all week to take his boat for a ride for the weekend after doing some upgrades mods and said his girlfriend (or wife) showed up at the launch ramp with a car full of her girlfriends to go out on his boat for the day. He mentioned something to the effect that these girls were no ordinary girls.....these were some BIG corn fed heffers.....and over exceeded the weight capacity for the boat...and he didn't dare say anything to his girlfriend about it...and it practically ruined the image he was trying to portray on his boat....and I remember him saying in his post something like;

"I couldn't believe it....I never saw so many hail damaged asses in all my life climbing into my boat that day!"

That was one of the funiest things I had ever heard and never thought I would stop laughing! Do any of you old and early OSOer's remember that post???......and who that guy was????
Old 02-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 3,010 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by LakeRacer
Don't forget about Cig1, DougieFresh, DevilMan, Jeffrey??? At least Nort is still with us.
I just called Joe (Uncle Toys) a couple weeks ago. Got his machine and didn't leave a message but I assume they're still truckin' right along. He did get burned out on the performance boating scene. Think he got burned out on some of the people involved in it as well.

Cig1 (Gary) sold the F-2 boat to LuckyStrike who has since sold it to a gentlmen in Az. Gary got into Ferrari's. I think he's itchin' to buy another Cig though
DougieFresh (Doug) sold his Scarab and got out of performance boating. Raising 4 daughters and a hot wife is a lot of work!
DevilMan (Ron) sold his T/G to another board member (SAFA1) who inturn sold it to a guy in LOTO. Ron got married, had a baby got divorced, etc. etc. But he is still very active with SCOPE and still helps run the anual SCOPE poker run. He can be seen driving other peoples boats from time to time
Jeffrey (aka king poodle, aka board god #1) sold his gladiator to buy/run Ferraris. Then last year he all of a sudden bought a stepped Tiger. Ran it a couple of times and sold it. Guess the old feelings for boating just weren't there anymore.
SlickNick (Nick) pops up every now and again. He also pops up on some of the other sites as well. I believe he sold his boat though.

All of these guys lurk on here and every once in a while, they'll pop up.

Kevin, good to "see" you around. Tell Amy Kelly and I say hello and we're still awaiting your victorious return to Havasu!