Like Tree0Likes

Nordic 35 vs. Formula 353

Reply
Old 01-31-2008, 10:35 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chattanooga
My Boats: 37 Outerlimits Stiletto YPM Whippled 598's
Posts: 983
Default Nordic 35 vs. Formula 353

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a boat and wanted to get some input on which of these 2 boats are the best bang for the buck. I have narrowed my search down to these 2 based on what I want in a boat: safety, speed, creature comforts.......roomy cabin and cockpit (we overnight a few times a year) towable, large sunpad, dependability, RESALE VALUE, etc. Both boats have 525's and I have been told that they should run easily in the mid 80's. Thoughts?
TCBoss302 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
  #2
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 811
Default

resale on the formula is not to good, dont know about the nordic. you should look a the 34 hustler
ThoroughHustler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:17 AM
  #3
Registered
 
TSPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ~ Long Island ~ NY
My Boats: PREMIER PERFORMANCE BOAT DEALERSHIP
Posts: 3,374
Default

Nordic resale is very good...especially on 35's. A 525 powered 35 Nordic will run 91-93 MPH and handles like its on rails. It has a huge cabin with head, galley area, flat screen TV etc. Good headroom as well (bigger than a formula 38 as a matter of fact) We service a customers Formula here every year. Nice boat ...... build quality is about the same as Nordic but the boat will not run over 80 with 525's MPH...runs app. 75....its a heavy tank........Sick Nordic had 525 35 Flame and could not be caught by others with that size boat and power package.......you can contact us if you want more details...we are the East Coast Dealer for Nordic.....we also know both boats you are looking into. (631) 724-8707...... I attached a shot of Sicks Nordics 35

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Nordic 35 vs. Formula 353-capo-35xxx.jpg  
TSPM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
  #4
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default

The Nordic should do close to 90 mph with 525's, we love our Nordic, it's got a big deep cockpit, more headroom in the cabin, and it's fast hull, our does 80 mph with stock 502 MPI's. Does will in the Ocean running. Can't really say about Formula's, I've never been on one, BUT I do think they build a very nice boat.
Dean
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:24 AM
  #5
Registered
 
TSPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ~ Long Island ~ NY
My Boats: PREMIER PERFORMANCE BOAT DEALERSHIP
Posts: 3,374
Default

...a few more from the NYC Poker Run
Attached Thumbnails
Nordic 35 vs. Formula 353-nordic1acopy.jpg   Nordic 35 vs. Formula 353-nordic2acopy.jpg   Nordic 35 vs. Formula 353-nordic7copy.jpg  

TSPM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:27 AM
  #6
Registered
 
TSPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ~ Long Island ~ NY
My Boats: PREMIER PERFORMANCE BOAT DEALERSHIP
Posts: 3,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ferry View Post
The Nordic should do close to 90 mph with 525's, we love our Nordic, it's got a big deep cockpit, more headroom in the cabin, and it's fast hull, our does 80 mph with stock 502 MPI's. Does will in the Ocean running. Can't really say about Formula's, I've never been on one, BUT I do think they build a very nice boat.
Dean
We got 91-93 and change out of the 525's......GPS tattle tail logged
TSPM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:40 AM
  #7
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSPM View Post
We got 91-93 and change out of the 525's......GPS tattle tail logged
Apul,
Don't doubt it a bit, there is no doubt about the Flame's hull effiency, I just wish we could put a swim ladder on the swim platform!
Dean
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:15 PM
  #8
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member
 
tblrklakemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SW Missouri
My Boats: In the Slow Lane
Posts: 2,914
Default

Active Thunder 33...same running surface as these boats with built in swim platforms and will break 90 with 525's.
tblrklakemo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:33 PM
  #9
T-Mone
Platinum Member
 
T-Mone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Brookfield CT.
My Boats: 2003 Pantera 24-Sold,Sutphen 340 Outrageous
Posts: 453
Default formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBoss302 View Post
Thanks ahead of time for your input.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a boat and wanted to get some input on which of these 2 boats are the best bang for the buck. I have narrowed my search down to these 2 based on what I want in a boat: safety, speed, creature comforts.......roomy cabin and cockpit (we overnight a few times a year) towable, large sunpad, dependability, RESALE VALUE, etc. Both boats have 525's and I have been told that they should run easily in the mid 80's. Thoughts?
i know a buddy of mine has a 35 fast tech and is is mint no hours.It has a lot of options, stand off boxes, blue printed bottom , and a lot more email me if interested
T-Mone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:45 PM
  #10
Registered
 
TSPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ~ Long Island ~ NY
My Boats: PREMIER PERFORMANCE BOAT DEALERSHIP
Posts: 3,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblrklakemo View Post
Active Thunder 33...same running surface as these boats with built in swim platforms and will break 90 with 525's.
YUP.....another great boat.

We are an AT dealer as well ..... so call for info on those as well.
TSPM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
FormulaM2Formula
Formula
15
11-13-2005 04:36 AM
formula271
Formula
39
04-12-2005 12:26 PM
rhmuir
Formula
7
05-30-2004 02:51 PM
Toffen
Formula
0
07-28-2003 03:28 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.