Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best price for Londeck Loncoin flooring...? >

Best price for Londeck Loncoin flooring...?

Notices

Best price for Londeck Loncoin flooring...?

Old 02-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats is way cheap... I was quoted almost 400.00 from Jennifer at lonseal for 6' x 8' piece....
Old 02-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered

I need a 8' x 6' of londeck coin in eggshell white... also a quart of the adhesive... email me [email protected]

Thanks
Old 02-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

thats right there with lonseals quote... I actually want the londeck coin, not the loncoin II. I ahve the sample book and there is a difference... plus the color I want is the egg shell, not the birch. Thanks though, I am gonna try and talk to Sara tomorrow to see if I can get a better rate...
Old 02-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Loncoin II is listed for moisture prone interior spaces. I was planning to use this one on the cockpit floor of my boat. Is there a problem with using it on an exterior application? The Londeck Coin doesn't come in the color I want.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Registered

Yeah, I am right there with you on the color, that is why I picked the londeck... the birch white just didn't look right...
Old 02-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

You might want to think of putting that down with their contact adhesive, if you ever damage the floor it'll be easier to pull up rather than trying with the epoxy.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jammin'
Loncoin II is listed for moisture prone interior spaces. I was planning to use this one on the cockpit floor of my boat. Is there a problem with using it on an exterior application? The Londeck Coin doesn't come in the color I want.
I'm going to answer my own question. We're talking about a boat that will be kept indoors except when in use and covered if it's ever outside otherwise. UV resistance won't be an issue. Loncoin II is fine. Correct?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Registered

I've used lonseal in my last two boats. When installing I like to start in one corner and do small sections at a time. Apply to both floor and flooring. Key is to wait until it feels dry yet very sticky to the touch. Make sure its lined up perfect and press down. It will now be locked in position. Apply to the next area and repeat. Does add to the time but worth it.

A couple things I've learned:

Use in a properly ventilated area. I didn't use the lonseal glue but rather one from Home Depot that works great. However when I applied in tight confines I awoke to someone pulling me out by my feet...only out for a minute but coulda been real bad.

Also, buy a weighted hand roller to roll out the flooring when done. Bubbles are common the next day as gas develops but usually disappear with rolling. If not use a needle to let the air out and then roll out the bubble.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sorry to beat this one to death, but it's time for me to get this stuff.

Has anyone used contact adhesive instead of epoxy? Did it hold up as well?

Do these places send out color sample swatches? The print outs are suspect.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

Yes I have. I'll post what I have used when I check the can. Available at home depot.

Quick Reply: Best price for Londeck Loncoin flooring...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.