Notices

Merc Verado 350

Old 02-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=DRIVEN1;2448769]
Originally Posted by FeverMike
On the funds and price point I am trying to meet...or...money unlimited?

Unlimited funds this would be my boat.
http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/mi...uperyacht.html

Now back to reality, the next boat will be outboard powered, fast, and not draw too much. Also no a/c, generators, or extra crap to break down.
Yeah that is nice...the open bow/walk around of the Yacht world huh?

I want to reach a certain speed too but fast cost a lot of insurance money and I know the faster outboar cats carry a big insurance bill.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
33 Deep Impact with trip 350V's would be perfect!
Getting away from triples...I thought that boat ran with twins though. I did not see Deep Impact at the Miami show so I still have not been able to look at their boats in detail. I've just read reviews and posts about them on various internet boards with much confusion.

Did you see the small review of the 28 Latittude in this months Hot Boat?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you see the small review of the 28 Latittude in this months Hot Boat?[/QUOTE]

I thought the boat looked nice, and wondered how it would run with twin 300 verados.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered

the Cig prices are out of this world...I mean Cigs are nice but there is a point when the price just does not merit the product.
Although I agree cause I can't afford it, it seems the market determins this and so far they are selling a bunch of them. NK
Old 02-18-2008, 09:51 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
The Cig. looks cool but they need to get the speed up, it's pretty much the slowest of the nice center consoles out there. You could buy 2 used 39 Midnights that are faster for what one trip 300v Cig cost, let alone the 400k 4 motor boat.

I am pulling for the 4 stokes to get better and lighter, 2 strokes are for chain saws and weed wackers. It won't be too much longer till the 4 strokes are better in every way, the 4 strokes have been coming on strong the last 5 years and in 5 I bet they are the motor to have, witch aint bad since it's been a 2 stroke world for ever as far as perfomance.

I am in the motorcycle biz and when the MX bikes started going 4 stroke they were big heavy pigs that blew up all the time, now they are just a few pounds more and it's worth it, they are so much better. And now we get more 2 stroke rebuilds in than 4 stroke and it's only been 8 or so years that they have been making them. I would say by 2010 only the real light 2 stroke race engines are what will be better than the 4 strokes, just like the MX bikes. but I don't think 3 or 4 2.5 race motors would do good on the back of a 12000# V hull.

yeah but 4 stroke mx's cost twice as much to rebuild....they operate on the time bomb theory. Its not if, its when. I ride an 06' YZ 250 just b/c im afraid they will be gone in the next couple yrs. I do, however, enjoy a 450 thumper for hill climbs....but nothin is as fun as a screamin smoker on the pipe.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:56 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
You mean a YFZ 450 4 wheeler, you could add another grand for that, plus he prob. put on some good nerf bars, and stuff cost more for them. They are fast but unless your just going to race it they kinda suck for just play riding since they don't have reverse. If you want to stick to a 450 some of the others have rev. if you want to stick to Yamaha go with the Raptor 700. If you have rutted up trails and mud where you ride go look at the Can Am Renegade X 800 that thing is a beast and will beat most anything in bad terrain.

What do you think of the polaris 525 IRS? I hear its the ultimate in trail ride atvs.....but thats why I always have had bikes....they cant catch me in the woods on or on track.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Although I agree cause I can't afford it, it seems the market determins this and so far they are selling a bunch of them. NK
huh? I've heard the opposite. Are these foreign sales?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I rode on both of the boats with triple 350's over the weekend. Definitely a drastic difference between the Cig and Fountain. The Cig is 12,500lbs dry and you could feel every pound when the boat took off from a stop. The 350's did push it well though and it had pretty good mid-range kick and topped out around 68mph with 6 of us on board. Probably had a little more in it with the correct trim.

The fountain on the other hand is an absolute beast from a standing start. You better be holding on to something when the captain guns it. Feels like a jetski accelerating. Got it to 75mph in some very confused water with 5 on board. The boats seems built for speed, fit and finish and cockpit design were lacking.

Best thing about the engines...the sound. Pretty unique all spooled up. Wait a year until Merc Racing hands them down to the regular Merc folks and they get a real warranty and can possibly use lower octane fuel. 91 would be tough to get all the time on the water.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=FeverMike;2449173]Getting away from triples...I thought that boat ran with twins though. I did not see Deep Impact at the Miami show so I still have not been able to look at their boats in detail.

The Deep Impact Boats were over at Strictly Sail catering to the mega-yacht crowd I guess.

Last edited by StillCrazy J&M; 02-18-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=StillCrazy J&M;2449566]
Getting away from triples...I thought that boat ran with twins though. I did not see Deep Impact at the Miami show so I still have not been able to look at their boats in detail.

The Deep Impact Boats were over at Strictly Sail catering to the mega-yacht crowd I guess.
Thanks, I would have never thought to look over there! Weird I think.

The Fountain with triple dry is 10,800lbs. Add 200gallons of fuel to the 425 gallon fuel tanks and so forth and the boat is right around 12000lbs.

You may not like the lay out but this boat is perfect for fishing and is highly acclaimed on the fishing circuit. The fit and finish of the boat is good but the cosmetic looks of the electrical wiring under the helm could be nicer.

the Fountain 38TE is a fish boat and a very every weeked usable boat with easy clean up and maintanance. The 39 Cigarette Top Fish is much more bling, very pretty and a boat I would really not compare the Fountain with.

Quick Reply: Merc Verado 350

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.