Notices

43 Nortech Ride

Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 43 Nortech Ride

We're at Hawks Cay on Duck key about 60 miles east of Key West and hooked up with Richard a gentlemen from Sherbrook Canada.

He just got this 2007 43 Nortech with 850's and #6's Drive and we went for a ride yesterday.

Very nice ride, we were 5 people and the boat got to the mid 90's with ease. The ride was phenomenal and the boat was extremely sure footed. All and all a terrific ride. I'll tell you what .... turning those props in sure is a pain for docking!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 43 Nortech Ride-n1004203644_30083041_8137.jpg  
Old 12-30-2008, 08:09 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Couple more pics of the ride
Attached Thumbnails 43 Nortech Ride-apc300217.jpg   43 Nortech Ride-apc300218.jpg   43 Nortech Ride-apc300224.jpg  

Old 12-30-2008, 08:14 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Also hooked up with Normand from Montreal. He use to have a Baia 55 and just got this 64 last year.

Cruises at 40 knots!
Attached Thumbnails 43 Nortech Ride-apc300215.jpg   43 Nortech Ride-apc300229.jpg  
Old 12-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

GLH, that boat was my inspiration for my boat. It also was tested in PB mag. I had the opportunity to check it out when it was at Nor-tech. I've had 3 - 43's to date with my latest boat...semi stagged 700/#6 boat being my favorite. I was going to do the same set up 850/#6 but at the last moment went to a less hp route for longer life. The ride on these 43's are tough to beat. I have yet to be on a boat similiar size or slightly larger to give the over all ride and performance in the rough stuff with out beating the crap out of you. Yes, there are boats that weigh less, and are faster with same power, but... none will give you the same amount of cockpit room, comfort, largest cabin by far and best factory support other than Nor-Tech. I will agree, props turned in is better for the boat in the forward direction, but backing into a slip with a good wind and current takes practise with the drives being that close together. I have found by putting the drives at 1.5-2.0 on the Smatcraft or getting them almost level with the hull vs tucked all the way in and using a little throttle helps favorably. Jeff

Here is what a semi stag looks like.
Attached Thumbnails 43 Nortech Ride-blue-bayou-070-555.jpg  

Last edited by Jassman; 12-30-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:30 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here is Richard and the lovely Brigitte leaving Hawks Cay this morning...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfD0eGi62B4&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]
Old 12-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That 43 NorTech is Beautiful.....
Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
That 43 NorTech is Beautiful.....
I'll second that for sure.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice.....
Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
GLH, that boat was my inspiration for my boat. It also was tested in PB mag. I had the opportunity to check it out when it was at Nor-tech. I've had 3 - 43's to date with my latest boat...semi stagged 700/#6 boat being my favorite. I was going to do the same set up 850/#6 but at the last moment went to a less hp route for longer life. The ride on these 43's are tough to beat. I have yet to be on a boat similiar size or slightly larger to give the over all ride and performance in the rough stuff with out beating the crap out of you. Yes, there are boats that weigh less, and are faster with same power, but... none will give you the same amount of cockpit room, comfort, largest cabin by far and best factory support other than Nor-Tech. I will agree, props turned in is better for the boat in the forward direction, but backing into a slip with a good wind and current takes practise with the drives being that close together. I have found by putting the drives at 1.5-2.0 on the Smatcraft or getting them almost level with the hull vs tucked all the way in and using a little throttle helps favorably. Jeff

Jeff you know better than to write something about how good you boat rides and not say except for an Apache or Fountain.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
GLH, that boat was my inspiration for my boat. I've had 3 - 43's to date with my latest boat...semi stagged 700/#6 boat being my favorite. I was going to do the same set up 850/#6 but at the last moment went to a less hp route for longer life. The ride on these 43's are tough to beat. I have yet to be on a boat similiar size or slightly larger to give the over all ride and performance in the rough stuff with out beating the crap out of you. Yes, there are boats that weigh less, and are faster with same power, but... none will give you the same amount of cockpit room, comfort, largest cabin by far and best factory support other than Nor-Tech. I will agree, props turned in is better for the boat in the forward direction, but backing into a slip with a good wind and current takes practise with the drives being that close together. I have found by putting the drives at 1.5-2.0 on the Smatcraft or getting them almost level with the hull vs tucked all the way in and using a little throttle helps favorably. Jeff

The thing rode as you mentioned also the room in the cockpit was a ton more than what I was use too in my little ole Tiger!

Quick Reply: 43 Nortech Ride

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.