Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Detroit boat show - pontoon city (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/180334-detroit-boat-show-pontoon-city.html)

Wahoo ATV 02-20-2008 03:24 PM

Detroit boat show - pontoon city

Went to the Detroit show today and it was 50% pontoon boats and ski boats. I could only find 3 "performance boats" 2 bajas and a formula. Not a single cat, no Fountains, no OL, nothing. Not even a Sunsation and Detroit is their back yard! Makes me want to move even more. Just pathic.

C M R 02-20-2008 03:28 PM

That's hard to believe Sunsation wouldn't put at least 1 boat in the show. Heck there only an hour away from Cobo.

Do they still have the bike show down stairs?? It's been a couple years since I've been to the show.

fantastixvoyage 02-20-2008 03:30 PM

Agreed Dean, typically a waste of time unless you're in the market for a cruiser. I just like it as its an excuse to grab pizza from pizza papolis! :D

NKissau 02-20-2008 07:29 PM

I went too. Waste of time as usual. All the nice boats are in Miami. They need to change the dates on the show, maybe they would attract some of the stuff people actually want to see.

Ryan8886 02-20-2008 07:33 PM

Was down there on Sunday. Seriously disappointed....as was stated above...1 Formula and 2 Baja's. Even the vendor's were for crap...1 booth selling lines...0 booths moving PFD's. Did find an audio guy to do an install for me this spring but other than that, if I'd actually paid to get in I'd have been ticked!

Already knew Sunsation wasn't gonna be there. Seems the go-fast market in Michigan has gone the way of just about everything else here lately!

glassdave 02-20-2008 10:20 PM

My buddy bought a 26 foot tri toon with a pair of 300's on it. . . . i just hope my Scarab can keep up :D

Wahoo ATV 02-21-2008 08:05 AM

Last time I saw your Scarab my inflatiable with the 6 hp was faster.

Does it have power in it yet?

nocigarette 02-21-2008 09:20 AM

There were two cat deck boats from magic......other than that one formula........BEER WAS ON ICE........

Anybody look at the regulator center consoles, those are the nicest boats i have seen in a while...There fit and finish was amazing , every screw head on the boat was turned in a row....A big heavy boat but man i bet they ride nice...

cosmic12 02-21-2008 09:58 AM

I feel your pain. I live in Syracuse N.Y. and our show was last week, we have the same problem. Syr is the biggest show in N.Y. state 3 very large buildings and used to draw dealers from all over the state and had almost every brand represnted now the only one left is Baja. Saterdays used to be so packed you had a hard time parking now you could have bowling teams in the ilse's for the 3 days its on. sad, so very sad :(

TSPM 02-21-2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2454101)
I feel your pain. I live in Syracuse N.Y. and our show was last week, we have the same problem. Syr is the biggest show in N.Y. state 3 very large buildings and used to draw dealers from all over the state and had almost every brand represnted now the only one left is Baja. Saterdays used to be so packed you had a hard time parking now you could have bowling teams in the ilse's for the 3 days its on. sad, so very sad :(

Should have went to the Westchester Show you could have seen Active Thunder, Sunsation and Fountain ...... not huge but more the Syracuse or Detroit.