Notices

Carrie Covers issue

Old 02-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Still looks like Sunbrella is still the safe way to go.
And sunbrellas expected life is 4-7 years
Old 02-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

just like other manufactures, they have two grades. we have the lightweight cover and ours held up great. sent it with the boat to the new owners in cali, still happy. had new one made for 368 and is in great shape.
i think you might look at the the higher grade.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:55 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI -
I had OSO member Lakeluvr make a custom cover for my Top Gun.
It was made out of Triton which is about 50% lighter than Sunbrella and more water resistant. The cover fits great and was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than what you spent on Carrie Covers.

Go www.sunriseuph.com and have john make you a cover. My cover is now about 3 years old and looks like new. I highly recommend Sunrise Upholstery - GREAT people to do business with.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have called them 3 times,no response at all-
Old 02-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I had one for my 36 Nor-Tech and I was very satisfied with the customer service I received after some initial fit problems. The cover did rip in half after the second year of use, and I never called to seek a remedy. I ordered a stronger material from another company. I wouldn't recomend these for outdoor storage, but would be great as an expensive dust cover.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Good things to know as I have been looking into having a full cover made as well.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered

Default Satisfied Customer

I have had a great experience with Carrie Covers. I had one on my 36 Skater for 3 years, and another on my 40 Skater for 2 years. The boats were left covered outside and one did rip during a severe winter storm. This was not due to a fault in the product but the terrible weather conditions. I contacted Mickey who was more than happy to repair the cover at no charge. They also make a heavier material which is probably what you want if you are looking to store the boat outside during the winter (I have had lightweight both times). I would definitely recommend Carrie Covers to everyone..they make a great product...well worth the money. The people there are wonderful to deal with. They are very friendly and accomodating. Great product, great customer service....what more can I say?
Vinny
Old 02-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered

owned two Carrie Covers. Both times I was happy. The fit was good and I didn't have any tear issues. I would like to add that my cover was only on a limited time in the sunlight so I really don't have any experiance in the fade department. Overall experiance was good.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Registered

Anyone interested in a cover should check out a material called "Aqualon". It comes in a large section of colors. I would say it is a medium weight cover. Lighter than Sunbrella.

I had a full cover made about 8 years ago and it still looks brand new. I use it as an indoor storage cover in the winter and each spring and fall when the boat is my driveway and not at the marina.

My cockpit cover is made of the same material. I believe Powerquest used it on all their boats.

Here is a link I found that talks about alqualon. They did not make my cover but I am sure its pretty widely available. I am sure most canvas shops would send you a sample.

http://www.glfi.com/marinecatalog_aqualonpage.htm

Good Luck.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Registered

I also have a carrie cover.I told them I have a 28 Skater they told me they have the demensions No Problem!However they sent me a sheet to take measurements.I measured the boat exactly and sent them back.When I recieved my cover and installed it I noticed it had No holes for cleats! I was told you could use it while docked,How the hell does that work.Next I noticed how the cover fits over the sponsons,It looks like a F_cking AFRO NET!I called carrie covers several times and no response,so I gave up and chalked it up to a wasted $1,200

Quick Reply: Carrie Covers issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.