Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dock and walkway (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/180477-dock-walkway.html)

Face It 02-22-2008 07:17 AM

Dock and walkway

1 Attachment(s)
The Ohio river took my walkway from me and left a big mess. The main part that is way out there thats 18' x 24' we took out - floated on to a trailer. What did the winter do to your stuff this year ?

Face It 02-22-2008 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is some more mess.

jswfl09 02-22-2008 09:41 PM

Well - what's see.... it was 86 degrees today. Winter forced me to turn on the A/C in the car... my office was a bit warm.... I constantly have to wax the boat....

It's been brutal! :fish:

(Sorry, if it makes you feel any better I did live in Boston for many winters & blizzards before coming back to FL, tourists are clogging up everything here and we do have the chance of hur---anes [yes it is a bad word!] during the summer!)

bobkatz 02-23-2008 11:13 AM

Where at on the river is it? Looks like you will have plenty of wood for the summer bonfires!!!:D

The river was great last year, hopefully it will be the same this year.

Strip Poker 388 02-23-2008 07:54 PM

That sux!! set fire to the yard

enticer 02-24-2008 08:39 AM

Obviously you must be new to the river. The rivers are not forgiving. I grew up on the Upper Allegheny River and we were always putting in a new dock or working on the house that was flooded. Just have to learn to adapt

But my feeling go out to you. And when the weather gets better, just build a newer and better one

bouyhunter 02-24-2008 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by enticer (Post 2457656)
Obviously you must be new to the river. The rivers are not forgiving. I grew up on the Upper Allegheny River and we were always putting in a new dock or working on the house that was flooded. Just have to learn to adapt

But my feeling go out to you. And when the weather gets better, just build a newer and better one

What part of the Allegheny?
My Grandparents lived up that way in Natrona. He always had stories of the river. Always had a row-boat he built himself.
I lived in New Kensington for about a 1-1/2 and boated out of the pool between 4-5 I think.

enticer 02-24-2008 02:13 PM

It was 6 mi above Bradys Bend. It was a closed pool, non-navigable above or below unless the water was REALLY high. Then we could go to Brady and back....if the boat had enough a$$ to come back up river.
Lived up tha way from '54 til '66. The house was in the family for 80+ years. The property was left to me and I FINALLY sold it 6 years ago. I grew out of the place when I went to I/O's and large boats

Pismo10 02-25-2008 05:26 AM

Another 6 weeks until the ice goes out up here.........

Face It 02-25-2008 06:19 AM

I'm 6 miles up from the dam - up from cin