Sonic 36 Center Console Sport >

Sonic 36 Center Console Sport

Notices

Sonic 36 Center Console Sport

Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sonic 36 Center Console Sport

The boat they had at the Miami show was a beautiful boat. It had the 300's but would be really sweet with the 350's. The video they had of the boat running in some pretty good seas looked like it was very dry and soft running. If I sell my 31SS I think this is my next boat.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I liked the lay out of the Sonic CC's a lot. Lots of storage and I liked how the back seat raises like an engine hatch. This provides easy access to the batteries and bildge pumps. Nice hardware was used on the boats too. The only thing that concerned me was the swirled and some parts dull gel coat. the 32 CC in the booth had some gel blemishes too.

These are the Dakota hulls and I am not sure what they were before that. I would want to look at how the transom has been redesigned if at all for the heavier 4 stroke engines.

I crawled all over these boats at the Miami show and no one was working the booth except for 4 pretty girls to greet you when you walked in but they knew nothing about the boats. I had a lot of questions too. The pricing looked on the high side but I wonder how much they charge for painted graphics over stickers?

Anyone from Sonic here that can tell us about these boats?
Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Mike and Kyle,

I will PM you both Lenny's contact info. He is the best guy at the Factory to answer your questions.

INXS Motorsports, a sister company of Active Thunder does a lot of paint and graphics for Sonic/CSI.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I think it's the same hull as the 35 Marlago from Jefferson Yachts. I asked the guy at the Marlago booth about putting
350s on and he said no way. The company is not going to beef up the transom.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't able to make it to MBS, but custom paint costs what custom paint costs....you pick the design, and it costs $X dollars. Sonic's graphics, even the basic striping, are painted on. Any stickers that you're seeing are done so that the spec-built boats can be striped or graphiced to a new owner's tastes; it's just easier that way.
The hull/running surface designs are what used to be the Dakotas. There have been numerous changes in the deck layouts though, that go towards cruising & creature-comfort. There's no need for new structural changes, as they've been available with triple power for awhile. Sonic can really customize the floor plan a great deal, to suit an individual's needs.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not true....
Originally Posted by wananewboat
I think it's the same hull as the 35 Marlago from Jefferson Yachts. I asked the guy at the Marlago booth about putting
350s on and he said no way. The company is not going to beef up the transom.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I swear when I first saw a Dakota at the Fl Lauderdale show around 1999, that it was made in Dubai or somewhere in the Middle East. It also had a very funky bubble deck version that had a large cabin. For some reason I thought I remembered that McKee or Everglades would service them.

Last edited by damdonzi; 02-22-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hpoffshore
I wasn't able to make it to MBS, but custom paint costs what custom paint costs....you pick the design, and it costs $X dollars. Sonic's graphics, even the basic striping, are painted on. Any stickers that you're seeing are done so that the spec-built boats can be striped or graphiced to a new owner's tastes; it's just easier that way.
The hull/running surface designs are what used to be the Dakotas. There have been numerous changes in the deck layouts though, that go towards cruising & creature-comfort. There's no need for new structural changes, as they've been available with triple power for awhile. Sonic can really customize the floor plan a great deal, to suit an individual's needs.
Yeah the lay out and all the storage places was nice. I really loved the rear seat on a electric lift for easy access to the bilge area!
I understand about the sticker grapics and since no one was working the booth I was not told that. However I would have thought Sonic would have shown off the painted graphic work at an international boat show like Miami. Any word what was up with the gel coat? Were these boats at the show used or maybe sat out side for a long tome?

thanks for the info!