Speed boating and fuel prices >

Speed boating and fuel prices

Notices

Speed boating and fuel prices

Old 02-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Heck I'll be paying more for new props this year than I'll spend on fuel...It's just part of the game...no problem....Then again if I had the money I'd be riding around in a Lear Jet burning a years worth of fuel in an hour and telling everyone to decrease their Carbon Footprint....

LOL...just noticed it..."Fortius" you might want to get a boat that's a little longer than two feet (24")...you can't be burning that much gas, what a pint a weekend....lol

Last edited by fountain4play; 02-22-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fortius
I have been reading these pages and been wondering,that you guys are not specially concerned about fuel prices and fuel consumption.Speed boating is an expensive hobby and is coming more.The topics here are everything else.Of course everything can't be measured in money especially ones hobby, but anyway.What is boat industry doing?You can't see any answers at boat shows.They put 3-4 a' 300 hp outboards to the transom.The industry is waiting,that the legislation is determining their direction.When the oil price continues its way up,speed boating comes impossible with present kind of energy wasting engines.Are speed boats dinosaurus of this age,have they come to the end of their way?Hummer is like Prius in comparision with a boat consuming 90 gph. Fuel prices are of course a piece of all costs,but a growing one and which is reminding every time you fill you tanks.

I only try to make sense to myself why to change my 24" speed boat to bigger one unless it is at least with diesel engines.

How about posting in English for the love of God.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

We spend about 300 or so a weekend (anywhere from 250-350).... probably get out about 40 weekends a year (I kid you not!). About $12,000 a year - just look at it as a long vacation!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered

Move to Ohio and you could cut that fuel bill in half...
Old 02-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jim09091
We spend about 300 or so a weekend (anywhere from 250-350).... probably get out about 40 weekends a year (I kid you not!). About $12,000 a year - just look at it as a long vacation!
Damn I need to move to Fl. At least you have 12 weekends to work on your boat
Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Boating is not my only hobby but the fuel prices have affected the amount of time I go boating. I usually do around 120-150hrs a year. In 2007 I did a total of 38hrs.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:21 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by p729lws
How about posting in English for the love of God.
While he's a likely foreigner, his english is better than my........(spanish/french/german/etc). Make fun of his questions if you want, someone TRYING to learn english should be off-limits IMO.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the guy asked a question. all he wants is an answer. so give it to him. i dont care if you have a million dollar boat or a 24" boat. you all have *****ed at the pump. dont give me if you have to ask you cant afford it chit. you all ask. this is for fun!!! you pay what you can. there are many different financial groups here and it affects you all. its the love that gets you all here and keeps you here.
my answer is , yes i slowed down and dont go as far but im still down there every weekend. as said before i work hard all week for the weekend cause thats what is worth it to me.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yesrej
the guy asked a question. all he wants is an answer. so give it to him. i dont care if you have a million dollar boat or a 24" boat. you all have *****ed at the pump. dont give me if you have to ask you cant afford it chit. you all ask. this is for fun!!! you pay what you can. there are many different financial groups here and it affects you all. its the love that gets you all here and keeps you here.
my answer is , yes i slowed down and dont go as far but im still down there every weekend. as said before i work hard all week for the weekend cause thats what is worth it to me.
Yep, there was some *****ing... but since the highest we paid was a bit over 4 and now are paying 3.80ish we justify it and call it "cheap" <sarcastically> and all is good - its our #1 hobby and escape from the work-week. Keeps us sane but we haven't slowed down or changed the habits... yet. We'll all see what the future holds - this was the first year I personally made friends cough up some cash here and there.

Last edited by jswfl09; 02-22-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
Sounds like you need a Sailboat
That's funny!

Quick Reply: Speed boating and fuel prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.