Notices

Member needs some help

Old 02-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Having a bad day? You typically don't hit so hard.

Ed is one hell of a guy and has tons of friends on the board. If you aren't interested in lending a hand to the guy or even showing a bit of support, simply passing by the post would have sufficed.

And more towards your point, Ed charges less than just about anybody yet does twice the survey and has ten times the knowledge. He posted that things have been a bit tight lately and the hit hurts a bit.
Sorry , I did not mean for that to come out that way. I am sincerely trying to help the guy out. Sometimes you need to look at the big picture. If you waist 5 days trying to get your money when you could be working, then you've just lost more money and increased the cost. This is what we do in my business. If someone doesn't want to pay their bill, then we will not chase them down. I'm not good at chasing people down, I'm good at what I do. Personal.........they will get whats coming to them. I will not lose any sleep over it. After you factor in time lost, wages lost, attorney cost, personal stress - it will end up costing you 3 times as much to get the money......if your successful. They will want substantiation of all expenses and maybe even try to come after you professionally. I recommend cutting your loses short.

Ed - I apoligize if this offends you.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know what you mean. Chasing a few bucks can cost you a pile of them. I've done it.

I wish my travels put me in S. Florida in the next couple of weeks. This would be a non-issue. If some OSO members are able to put some pressure on this clown to do the right thing, he may just see the light and give Ed what's his.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

i could not imagine owing someone almost a g, and then trying to sneak out of not paying it. guess people dont have morals anymore.

gl on getting your money ed.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

and when i say "people" i mean dirt bags like that guy.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Ed lets him get away without paying, that would be teaching him the wrong leason and next time it might be you or I getting screwed.
I still say
Old 02-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Losers !

I would still go to small claims court and get a judgement against him which will foul him up on any of his future dealings that would require a credit report.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

some things are best handled the old fahioned way...let me see how my golf weekend in FLA plays out...we may be up for the entertainment even with the 2 hour drive

my friends and their friends can be very convincing and have been doing this for a very long time (this is no bs, but may cost me a favor!)

another thought that just came to me os to reach out to some local friends in the parkng business...anybody know what kind of car he drives? Just tow and stash and leave him a note...
Old 02-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

What a dirt bag, sorry to hear about your issue Ed, hopefully, the power OSO will help..

Chris,
Great talking with you today, thanks for the advice.
Dean
Old 02-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Sorry , I did not mean for that to come out that way. I am sincerely trying to help the guy out. Sometimes you need to look at the big picture. If you waist 5 days trying to get your money when you could be working, then you've just lost more money and increased the cost. This is what we do in my business. If someone doesn't want to pay their bill, then we will not chase them down. I'm not good at chasing people down, I'm good at what I do. Personal.........they will get whats coming to them. I will not lose any sleep over it. After you factor in time lost, wages lost, attorney cost, personal stress - it will end up costing you 3 times as much to get the money......if your successful. They will want substantiation of all expenses and maybe even try to come after you professionally. I recommend cutting your loses short.

Ed - I apologize if this offends you.

Like my Grandfather use to tell me The good ones pay for the bad ones,Being in the retail credit Furniture biz.I probably spend to much time dwelling on the bad ones and I should be selling the good one

Best of luck Ed

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:20 PM

I like to see OSO going after guys like this. I promise you, I would be one of the first ones to knock on the guys door if he was in my neck of the woods. I ain't as good as I once was...but I can still hold my own.

I do need a vacation to a sunny spot though. Ed, I might trade a little persuading for a boat ride in the warm weather.

Last edited by 320es; 02-26-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Member needs some help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.