Notices

Member needs some help

Old 02-26-2008, 07:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Member needs some help

We all know Ed Cozzi. Many of us have had him survey boats for us. There's nobody better nor is there a nicer guy out there.

He needs some help- Miami area.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=180658
Old 02-26-2008, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm heading to FLA Thurs for golf trip a few hours north of Miami with some of my "Jersey" friends - maybe we can find the time to drop by and take in the sights. If not, I bet there is a very good chance their friends in the area might be able to say hello...

keep you posted...
Old 02-26-2008, 08:07 AM

You should have posted this while we were all in Miami for the boat show...we could have had the OSO party at his house
Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
You should have posted this while we were all in Miami for the boat show...we could have had the OSO party at his house
Yip!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

So he's out $900.........doesn't he make that in one day on a survey. It will cost him more to go chase the money than it will to just forget about it and get back to work. I know that sucks, but thats cost benefit.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
So he's out $900.........doesn't he make that in one day on a survey. It will cost him more to go chase the money than it will to just forget about it and get back to work. I know that sucks, but thats cost benefit.
Wow! I wish I was working for you. No, the survey business is not quite THAT lucrative. Prior to last week I hadn't had a survey to do in two weeks! I've been a full-time surveyor for ten years and never went two weeks without a survey.

This money owed has become personal. This guy was considered more than just a customer and I really put myself out for him many times.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Wow! I wish I was working for you. No, the survey business is not quite THAT lucrative. Prior to last week I hadn't had a survey to do in two weeks! I've been a full-time surveyor for ten years and never went two weeks without a survey.

This money owed has become personal. This guy was considered more than just a customer and I really put myself out for him many times.
I agree. Sometimes it's not about the money..
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant you put a mechanics lien or other type of lien on the boat, small claims court maybe.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 PM

Having a bad day? You typically don't hit so hard.

Ed is one hell of a guy and has tons of friends on the board. If you aren't interested in lending a hand to the guy or even showing a bit of support, simply passing by the post would have sufficed.

And more towards your point, Ed charges less than just about anybody yet does twice the survey and has ten times the knowledge. He posted that things have been a bit tight lately and the hit hurts a bit.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

OH man give him a break, its not always about the money. I have never met Ed but from what I have read about him on here he is one of the more stand up guys and always willing to help. I would help all I could if I were in a position to.

Quick Reply: Member needs some help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.