E85    85% Corn Alcohol (ethanol) >

E85 85% Corn Alcohol (ethanol)

Notices

E85 85% Corn Alcohol (ethanol)

Old 02-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TKF Chicago, Your profile discloses an interesting Resume'. Obviously,you have extensive insight.

Therefore,the argument is NOT anti-change against a new or alternative fuel. To the contrary,any and all practical options SHOULD be explored.

Ethanol Blend Fuel has been given an extended opportunity to perform in the application of Marine Fuel. The assumed fact is, Ethanol in its present formula has not performed satisfactorily in Marine use. At such time the formula is proven acceptable for the application,bring it on.

Meanwhile,lets assume Hawaii legislature didn't address their original position just for something to do. No,they did reportedly catch their over sight,correct it and set precedence.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Registered

As I said before, you can make fuel from any plant material. Those of you who concerned about it having an impact on food production. Not going to happen. You can make it from plant celulose or the bi-product of plants after we are done harvesting and processing for food.

Last edited by TKF Chicago; 02-29-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CcanDo
TKF Chicago, Your profile discloses an interesting Resume'. Obviously,you have extensive insight.

Therefore,the argument is NOT anti-change against a new or alternative fuel. To the contrary,any and all practical options SHOULD be explored.

Ethanol Blend Fuel has been given an extended opportunity to perform in the application of Marine Fuel. The assumed fact is, Ethanol in its present formula has not performed satisfactorily in Marine use. At such time the formula is proven acceptable for the application,bring it on.

Meanwhile,lets assume Hawaii legislature didn't address their original position just for something to do. No,they did reportedly catch their over sight,correct it and set precedence.
Well put. Yes, it is going to take time. The resources are there. The government needs to get off thier ass and invest some time and money into this. The bottom line, there are alternative fuels. We don't need fossil fuels. It takes are lives to be pulled out from underneath us to change as a society.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It is a little appalling, this thread has not received more participation. It would be interesting to see a show of hands,for or against Ethanol Blend Marine Fuel.

Extensive reports suggest Ethanol Blend is NOT marine use compatible.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

It is a little appalling, this thread has not received more participation. It would be interesting to see a show of hands,for or against Ethanol Blend Marine Fuel.

I HATE ETHANOL in the MARINE FUEL!If it did not exist I would not have to make a 1500mile run to Skater,leaving Sun returning Mon
Old 03-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't say it's appalling, I would say it's not a problem for everyone. I understand your concern with your fiberglass tanks. Starting 5 years ago I have been useing gasahol (E10) about 50% of the time, the last 2 years 100% of the time. I have not had a single issue. I've got aluminum tanks in a 17year oldboat.

Last edited by Payton; 03-01-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

You mean E10, not E90.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Njawb
You mean E10, not E90.
yep, fixed it, thanx
Old 03-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Payton, What brand and formulation of fuel have you been using ? Have you taken any maintainance precautions not taken when using straight gasoline ? Do you use fuel/ water separators ? How long does your boat stay in the water?

Sure, I have concern for fiberglass tanks. However,the bigger picture includes safety,marine economic impact and pollution,the same items Hawaii reportedly considered for their reverse mandate.

The guts of the matter appears to be phase separation. Therefore,pending a solution for phase separation,why not endorse Hawaii's position?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Payton
I wouldn't say it's appalling, I would say it's not a problem for everyone. I understand your concern with your fiberglass tanks. Starting 5 years ago I have been useing gasahol (E10) about 50% of the time, the last 2 years 100% of the time. I have not had a single issue. I've got aluminum tanks in a 17year oldboat.
Ethanol will cause your aluminum tanks to corrode! It is not an issue of IF,BUT WHEN ! Not to mention Ethanol attracts moisture,so have good fuel/water separators and check them often!

Quick Reply: E85 85% Corn Alcohol (ethanol)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.