How is the boating in North Carolina? >

How is the boating in North Carolina?

Notices

How is the boating in North Carolina?

Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by East Coast B
Check here... we got a condo last summer right at Midtown browns on southern part of lake, dock that comes with condo is right at midtown browns. Good eats and drinks

Here is a link where we found the condo... there was a boat launch right around the corner as well.
http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...-Carolina.html

This is the one we stayed at.. nice end slip boat dock...
http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...als/31064.html

Check in with the Carolina Power Boat club on Norman.. Great bunch of people!!!

Thanks for the info ECB, will check these out.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by heavyhauler
I would guess there are at least 10 marinas and probably more strung around the lake and there is one off Perth Road that I'm told can handle larger boats. I'm going to be checking for a place to keep mine this summer as well. Stutts Marina has just built a number of new large covered slips but no dry storage.
Keep us posted with what you come up with. I am limited in how big I can upgrade with where I am at currently and I don't want to trailer. Would love a covered slip with a lift.

There are some pretty big boats in wet slips under a roof right out side the Ale House. I don't know if any have lifts though and I dont know the name.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We like Kerr not alot of people on the lake . We camp at North Bend Campground next to the dam. We did a poker run in Sept. I think their were 12 boats and 4 jet ski's but we had a blast. Lots of coves to hide in . Great water to play in . Here are the 4 boats out of the Hampton Roads Powerboat Association that went to the poker run in Sept.
Attached Thumbnails How is the boating in North Carolina?-img_2454_1_1.jpg  
Old 03-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Keep us posted with what you come up with. I am limited in how big I can upgrade with where I am at currently and I don't want to trailer. Would love a covered slip with a lift.

There are some pretty big boats in wet slips under a roof right out side the Ale House. I don't know if any have lifts though and I dont know the name.
www.bestoflakenorman.com has 17 marinas listed with about 3 or 4 that specify dry storage. the one that is supposed to be able to handle 38+ footer is about 4 miles out Perth Rd., just not sure the name of that one thus far.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

www.bestoflakenorman.com has 17 marinas listed with about 3 or 4 that specify dry storage. the one that is supposed to be able to handle 38+ footer is about 4 miles out Perth Rd., just not sure the name of that one thus far.
The name of that Marina is Morningstar Marinas @ Skippers Landing in Troutman, NC. 14 mi up from the main channel.

I've kept my Spectre there for 2yrs. They treat me like gold! Very clean, very accomodating & great people. I'm almost positive they've stored a 40' Fountain Lightening there.

It's a haul up the interstate but a great ride for me on the water. With a 100mph+ boat being 1 mi from the sandbar would be about a waste to own the Spectre.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Michael
Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Any web sites to show places over there or things to do?
Ask & you shall recieve!

www.lknfun.com
www.lazyday.net
www.carolinanightlife.com
Old 03-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
The name of that Marina is Morningstar Marinas @ Skippers Landing in Troutman, NC. 14 mi up from the main channel.

I've kept my Spectre there for 2yrs. They treat me like gold! Very clean, very accomodating & great people. I'm almost positive they've stored a 40' Fountain Lightening there.

It's a haul up the interstate but a great ride for me on the water. With a 100mph+ boat being 1 mi from the sandbar would be about a waste to own the Spectre.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Michael
When you say 14 mi., you are referring to water miles, correct? About 4 or 5 miles from Hwy 150 out Perth Rd.?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
We are bringing Angies husband with us this year so we have a DD. Im not sure which part we most look forward to .... the race, the race shops or hangin at the Rudder/boating on Lake Norman See you guys soon!
Well it is about time don't forget we will be ready for a ride on the lake now that i have a slip there. See you soon
Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

When you say 14 mi., you are referring to water miles, correct? About 4 or 5 miles from Hwy 150 out Perth Rd.?
I-77 exit 28 takes you to the Rusty Rudder & Holiday Marina which are closest to the Sandbar which is the regular hangout approx 1 1/2 miles from the marina. Morningstar Marina is off of I-77 exit 42 or 14 miles up the interstate. It's actually probably closer to 18 driving miles but 14-15 nautical miles by boat.

You are correct, 5mi north of Hwy 150 up Perth Rd on your left.

Sorry I don't know the channel markers off the top of my head.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikes280
lived here all my life and would not live anywhere else,and yes i have traveled all over.

But you still vacation in africa..

Quick Reply: How is the boating in North Carolina?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.