How is the boating in North Carolina? >

How is the boating in North Carolina?

Notices

How is the boating in North Carolina?

Old 03-01-2008, 10:07 AM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is the boating in North Carolina?

I'm thinking about relocating to North Carolina. Do you guys boat in the Ocean,Lakes or Rivers? How are the lakes? I think I saw Lake Norman is the largest lake. Does the lake level get low do they have bad drouts. What other lakes are there for good boating. Thanks, Kirk
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

We boat on Lake Norman and Lake Wylie. We also boat on the rivers, and go to the carolina coast to boat in salt water. There is also two other large lakes in SC, hartwell and lake murray. We have had some low water over late fall and winter, but the lakes are coming back up now. There are a lot of boating places other than the ones that I mentioned that are fun places too.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

Lake Gaston NC is awesome for its size, 350 miles of shoreline and plenty of room to open her up when you feel the need.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Registered

I spent a weekend on Norman and had a blast. If I were to relocate the Charolotte area would be at the top of my list.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

We keep our boat in Manteo from fall till late spring - it's the best fishing you could ever want! Locals are great, food is great, the beaches are as good as anywhere! If it wasn't for work & family I'd be there tomorrow.

The sound is huge, the coast in beautiful, it is really nice - don't think there is much out there for work though?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

the pamlico river rules. miles of water leading to the outer banks.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I live in Swansboro NC and we boat in the ICW and the ocean and the local river that runs to the ICW and ocean. You can run to the local light houses or follow the ICW South to Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. We see all the Yachts heading South for the winter and then back North again for the Summer. It is AWESOME!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought some waterfront land near Oriental/New Bern for "down the road". Great mix of fresh and salt water in the area. Not as developed as many places (yet), but it will be by the time we build...
Old 03-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Registered

I re-located to Charlotte last August and I couldn't have asked for a btter to place to move. The area is awesome with lots of growth and great career opportunities. Cost of living is not that much more (~5%) from NE OH were I came from.

I live across the street from Lake Norman and currently rack store at Westport. Lots of fun things to do on the lake and it is nice and deep and clear. They also have the lake marked off very clearly compared to lakes that I had been on in OH.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We moved here summer of 06. took a while to find the right house, but have been on Norman for about a year. Like any lake near a city, it's crowded (but fun) on weekends, perfect during the week, and good in the off-season.

Best thing overall is the weather- short/mild winter compared to the Washington DC Area. Caught a nice mid 60's day in January and was out - Superbowl Sunday. This past Sat and Sunday were mid-upper 60's-low 70's. Was out all day Sunday.

Lot's of other good lakes within reach and the coast isn't too far.

Quick Reply: How is the boating in North Carolina?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.