Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSS Offshore Race and Kilo Run in Oshkosh (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181256-oss-offshore-race-kilo-run-oshkosh.html)

OshkoshThunder 03-03-2008 10:07 AM

OSS Offshore Race and Kilo Run in Oshkosh

OK all you Midwest fans of OSS, SBI/APBA/UIM, OPA, GLOPRA, MOPRA, POPRA, LEOTA, and any other sanctioning race body I appologize for leaving out.

Please help bring a MAJOR race back to the Midwest !!!

OSHKOSH THUNDERFEST, which would consist of an awesome OSS OFFSHORE RACE, a Saturday Poker Run, and a Monday KILO RUN could be held on LABOR DAY weekend in Oshkosh, WI (Mercury Racing's back yard) for the next (3) years with some help from some of you out there that have the same passion that I do for racing in the Midwest. The official dates are scheduled for August 28, 29, 30, 31, and Sep 1 2008. The Race Site would be the Pioneer Island, Sweetwater Performance Center, and the Park Plaza hotel, among other strategic locations. There is also a 'LOCAL CLASS' planned for the race. More on that later. What I need to make this happen is volunteers, and some sponsership. I have a very good start on sponsership, but it will take a lot more to make this race happen. If you want to be a volunteer or sponsor next to the fastest boats in the world coming to Oshkosh, please call or email me.

[email protected]
920.420.5678 Cell 920.426.2145 Office

THANK YOU for sharing the passion to make this happen!

Ron P 03-03-2008 10:48 AM

Lets make it happen, sounds like a great place to race.

Mark, thanks for all of your help.

hp500efi 03-03-2008 11:55 AM

Sounds like a great idea!!

mrp 03-03-2008 12:18 PM

This would be great for the area! The Harley 105th is the same weekend. I wonder if we could market this to them to get more exposure. Maybe one of the Harley rides could be to Oshkosh to watch the races????

Downtown42 03-03-2008 06:27 PM

I'm sure you can find something for me to do, let me know how to help. Dave Brown

Maybe we can get Kenworth Trucks to throw some money that way.

Zudnic 03-03-2008 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by OshkoshThunder (Post 2469337)
HP,

As far as the noise is concerned, we have not had ONE noise ticket in the last (3) Oshkosh Thunder Pokker Runs. This year for the two Poker Runs (June 12-13 and Labor Day), we expect the same. Plus any event that is a sanctioned race is excempt from noise for the duration of the event. Feel better?

My EAA friends should be thanked for the noise tolerance! :D

30 Outlaw 03-03-2008 07:51 PM

Mark,

Anything I can do to help let me know! I know we have talked about this a couple times. We have your poker runs on our Tour list as of now!

Darrell
Powerboatparty.com/Founder

Ryan Beckley 03-03-2008 08:22 PM

We really want this race to happen. So ANY of you in that area get in touch with Mark and keep the ball rolling. Does anyone own a bridge repair company? If it happens www.DoublEdgeMotrsports.com 111 will be there!!!

OshkoshThunder 03-04-2008 09:51 AM

Oshkosh ThunderFest

Thanks for the support guys. There will be a section on the www.oshkoshthunder.com web site that will show the structure of the volunteer committe. In the process of firing up www.oshkoshthunderfest.com. Again, thanks for the passion of putting this together.