Notices

Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race

Old 03-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race

RACING WITH HISTORY.........INTO THE FUTURE

The Offshore Super Series Powerboat Racing Association is gearing up for the inaugural " SUNNY ISLES BEACH Powerboat Race”. The weekend of June 19-22, 2008 will see offshore race teams and fans from all over the United States stream into town to get ready for the action packed weekend. The City of Sunny Isles Beach and the Miami Dade County Parks Department are providing an amazing array of hotels, resorts, restaurants, beaches and parks for everyone to enjoy and watch the races from. The OSS teams will turn scenic Haulover Park into a Race Village for the three day event, which will be the center of all non racing activities.

The entire setting for the premiere of the Sunny Isles Beach race makes it picture perfect for racers, families and friends to walk between the colorful race team setups in Race Village and the prime viewing areas along the beach. Teams will be arriving in town on Wednesday and Thursday, then the welcome racer parties start on Thursday night through the weekend with testing scheduled for Saturday, and racing on Sunday afternoon. A spectacular awards ceremony is set for Sunday after the final races along the beach

OSS president Ron Polli invites everyone to come and be a part of history in the making "This race site was originally made famous back in the 70s by racers such as Don Aronow and we are thrilled that the city of Sunny Isles Beach and the Miami-Dade County Parks Department have entrusted OSS to rejuvenate this great race site. We hope to return for many years to come and make this a bigger and better event every year".

Come watch the excitement of powerful motors propelling raceboats across the ocean right in front of you along the beach, or you can take your own boat out along the spectator line for prime viewing. Volunteers make things happen for any event and you can be a part of this race challenge by contacting [email protected]

Please go online to www.offshoresuperseries.com for information on our member teams.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Aronow family change their mind on using the name ?? lol
Old 03-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Registered

Lets hear more about the racecourse, are they going in circles, or are they going somewhere??
Old 03-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations Ron! I've been waiting for an event like this for years in that area. I think Haulover Park is the perfect setting for a race village. Best of luck.........If only my boat had a canopy
Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Gold Member

This is what true Offshore Racing is all about, it has been twelve years since we had a race here. Way to go Ron that is going to Rock.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Why are you doing this to us, Ron?

This race is more than a hundred days out, dammit...
its worse than the Key West 2008 thread.

Last edited by jayboat; 03-04-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

The Aronow family was going to let us use thier name and call this the Don Aronow Memorial Ocean Race if we helped to put on a run to Bimini on Friday. That's still under review but the costs for insurance and safety coverage seem too high so I doubt it will happen. Without the run to Bimini, we loose the Aronow name.

Sorry for the 100 day notice. OSS is excited about this race. It's the first time OSS will race in the Atlantic Ocean since Peurto Rico.

The course will be a five mile oval in front of the beach. It should be a great event.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

BBQ at my house, ............everyone ties up from my dock ..... then, when the racers are called out, we all leave at the same time; piss off my neighbors, cross the bay, out Haulover Inlet and enjoy the race from our boats.....................RSVPs taken now
Old 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ron P
That's still under review but the costs for insurance and safety coverage seem too high so I doubt it will happen. Without the run to Bimini, we loose the Aronow name.
Come on Ron! Where is your optimism? For the record now that is out in the open we are continuing the work to make it happen and I am confident it will happen. We have the safety management number and are waiting on the final insurance review.

With the help of a few solid sponsors this event will occur. I just finalized the permitting yesterday. There will be a few changes and I will provide full disclosure as soon as everything is nailed down as I really hate to telegraph things until we have all the large hurdles covered.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Registered

Ron, Brad, my new company, Premier Performance Marine is located at Hi-Lift Marina just north of Haulover, we are new, but if there is anything we can do to help, give me a call.

Frank
305-989-8914

Quick Reply: Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.