Notices

Wind Buffet!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Buffet!!!

Are there any tricks out there to cut down the wind buffet on my video camera? I love taking video with the HandyCam while we are running but the buffet from the wind is killer Took some good video this weekend but all you hear is the wind, anybody know a secret?

Scott
Old 03-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Registered

I just found a camera site that said to use a bandaid or a small piece of gauze taped over the Mic. Anyone try somthing like this?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

I've always trippled up with masking tape over the mic. The wind noise is not gone but by far way more tolerable.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

there is usually a place on the camera to plug a microphone. I plug one in, stick it to the dash (behind windshield / wind deflector or whatever stops the wind, on the floor if needed!) and tape whatever I want. This way, I can still hear people abord talking or laughing, while shooting...
Old 03-04-2008, 07:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
there is usually a place on the camera to plug a microphone. I plug one in, stick it to the dash (behind windshield / wind deflector or whatever stops the wind, on the floor if needed!) and tape whatever I want. This way, I can still hear people abord talking or laughing, while shooting...

that is a great idea. A lot of mics have an on/off switch also, so you could simply turn it off if you wanted as well.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like this???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTiJJx5oKDg

I bought an extenal microphone from Best Buy. Check your camera for an external mic jack. If it doesn't have one.............get a new camera!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
Like this???
EXCELLENT!

Where did you have the mic?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Like this???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTiJJx5oKDg

I bought an extenal microphone from Best Buy. Check your camera for an external mic jack. If it doesn't have one.............get a new camera!!
That thing souds great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little tab input ......Just kidding
How fast were ya running, my mag carries the nose high like that also....All my weight is in the back......I have to bump my tabs just a little to get it to fly level....
Old 03-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

That guy knows what he is doing with that camera. Not only is there no wind noise, but there is very little camera shake either. Maybe he could give everyone some pointers.

BTW, in addition to remote mounting the microphone, I also recommend a wind sock, which is a foam sleeve that goes around the microphone end.

Michael
Old 03-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael1
That guy knows what he is doing with that camera. Not only is there no wind noise, but there is very little camera shake either.
Michael
Ha Ha Ha....

The camera was duck taped to the canopy, and the mic was duck taped under the canopy, and it did have a foam cover also.

I was running between 60 and 70+. It was rougher than it looks, 3'-4' with an occasional 5. If I had passengers or was running with a group for a while I would have dropped the tabs a hair, but I was out having fun.

Quick Reply: Wind Buffet!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.