Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Saltwater for Fuel (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181549-saltwater-fuel.html)

SLINGSHOT 03-06-2008 10:04 PM

unreal.....maybe now o
il companies will lower prices!!!!!

FeverMike 03-06-2008 10:08 PM

remember the 1st gasoline engines used mostly in some farm equipment did not make but a few HP, around 5hp and there were a lot of sceptics!

glassdave 03-06-2008 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2474599)
Indeed.

How much energy to power his radio frequency generator.

Interesting however.

Bingo . . . most of these things are presented to appear as a closed system. They neglect to tell you the energy required to run an RF generator big enough to turn this into any kind of usable power makes it very un feasable.

These kind of things pop up every so often than quickly fade away. honestly, to me, this stuff is on the order of draging a needle and paper cup on an LP and claiming i just discovered the phonograph :D

Michael1 03-06-2008 11:03 PM

Another hoax! Folks, you don't get something for nothing, so everyone can stop looking. You don't get more energy out than you put in, ever. All he is doing is taking radio wave energy, and performing electrolyis on the water, breaking the water molecule into hydrogen and oxygen. When you burn the hydrogen and oxygen, you get SOME, but not all, of the energy back you put into breaking the molecule in the first place. You could do the exact same thing at home, using plain old power from the wall, and I did this all the time when I was a kid. As an adult now, I don't recommend it, because hydrogen and oxygen is highly flammable, and potentially explosive.

Michael

PhantomChaos 03-06-2008 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2474610)
remember the 1st gasoline engines used mostly in some farm equipment did not make but a few HP, around 5hp and there were a lot of sceptics!

Boy Mike..............you ARE old!!!!!!!! :)

Spotondl 03-07-2008 02:39 AM

Interesting alternative but first we start burning our food supply (corn ethanol, corn farmers subsidized, wheat farmers convert to corn, wheat prices rise, supply & demand, inflation rises, economy goes to shiz) then we start burning the very engine that drives our planetary environment (the ocean). Not necessarily a good thing, and no, I am no tree hugger...

dreamer 03-07-2008 03:10 AM

my lame azz hometown tv syation

Chris Sunkin 03-07-2008 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Spotondl (Post 2474737)
Interesting alternative but first we start burning our food supply (corn ethanol, corn farmers subsidized, wheat farmers convert to corn, wheat prices rise, supply & demand, inflation rises, economy goes to shiz) then we start burning the very engine that drives our planetary environment (the ocean). Not necessarily a good thing, and no, I am no tree hugger...

Burning these swiftly=renewable materials is certainly sound science. They're nothing more than solar batteries.

As far as using the water, based on the power output potential of a gallon of water (assuming you could separate the molecules efficiently) compared to the sheer volume of water held in the oceans- 360 quintillion gallons, I think we'd be OK.
(I had to look that one up- is a quintillion alot? More than a Brazilian?)

Tony Montana 03-07-2008 07:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2474804)
(I had to look that one up- is a quintillion alot? More than a Brazilian?)

Not as much as a gujillion....million DOLLARS:D

Westcoast 03-07-2008 10:27 AM

Your fuel lines would rust!