Notices

OSO Poker Run ??

Old 03-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Parodox, Ill give you alot of credit for trying, but i dont think it will work. Location is a major key to sucsess. You are in Florida right ?? The FPC and PRA already are in that area and put on great events. It takes years to grow an event. People just wont spend there hard earned money on an unproven event. The amount of money you need to charge the participants to make an event sucsessful is in the same area of what these other promoters are already charging. Poeple will go to known events before they will go to a new venture because they know what to expect. I have worked my ass off for 7 years to make our events grow to where they are today. I always tried to give the people a big bang for there buck..but it came at our/ my expence in the long run. Alot...and I mean alot... of work/time goes into making an event happen to the standards people expect for there money.

I will be happy to answer any of your questions and stear you in the right direction

Call me

Bob

518 361-6521
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Bob.. I appreciate the offer and your comments.
The location is somewhat open. I was thinking Florida, Tamp/St peter area. Ft Myers. East coast, and I know what FPC and PRofA is doing. MAy be in the Midwest. I'm not sure yet. I really wanted to see the interest in the OSO members, but it seem to be lacking. Got comments but I don't see the "OK let's dit" .. We just have to see. I have a few aces with big names that are interested. IT will take some time and I'm in no particular hurry.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Combination fishing/Poker Run? Get the CC guys involved? May be an Ace for the biggest fish, King for the second?
Allow a few hours for fishing after or before the run? Just a thought.