Like Tree0Likes

Any deals on Florida water access Properties?

Reply
Old 05-17-2008, 03:48 PM
  #51
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstrmkr View Post
The $25K or $50K is not the issue. The issue is that if someone can "Homestead" their Florida property purchase while the prices are down, as they obviously currently are (in some places more than 50% off the peak prices), that person can cap their property tax near to or at the bottom of the pricing curve. That'll make a difference in the long run.
Just my .02 cents.
And they will keep dropping for quite a while in South FL, good for buyers, bad for most current owners . Will help to get prop taxes down on waterfront back within reason.

Greg - have friends in LHP, what I miss about that area was Pelican Cove, which was torn down and Tails went up which is out of business now if I remember. I have some sick pics of when I took one of the waverunners out when Hurricane Floyd skimmed our coast years ago, nothing like jumping 10-15ft sets
Quicksilver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:50 PM
  #52
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa
My Boats: www.foxxandassociates.com
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend View Post
How much would taxes be for a foreigner? I hear they are pretty damn expensive.

Thanks,

Rob
If you or any other OSO member want foreclosures/bank owned properties anywhere in Tampa Bay emailed daily, contact me at [email protected].

The MLS system here let's me auto-email properties that match what you want, no charge.

Some of these properties are given back to the bank in spotless condition, some trashed.

The real trick is to get one that was listed because the owner's bought a house and couldn't sell the previous one...then the house is mint.
Tampa38 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:06 PM
  #53
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugetime1 View Post
Still trying to sell that place? It's been about 3+ years hasn't it?
enticer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:29 AM
  #54
Registered
 
florida gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Clearwater, Florida
My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210
Posts: 2,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstrmkr View Post
The $25K or $50K is not the issue. The issue is that if someone can "Homestead" their Florida property purchase while the prices are down, as they obviously currently are (in some places more than 50% off the peak prices), that person can cap their property tax near to or at the bottom of the pricing curve. That'll make a difference in the long run.
Just my .02 cents.
Also something to be aware of when purchasing. I have dealt with people who claimed the taxes were low. First thing I asked was how long was the seller in the home? Many of the Realtors don't tell buyers the taxes being paid were going to change considerably once the house changes hands.
florida gator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:31 AM
  #55
Registered
 
florida gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Clearwater, Florida
My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210
Posts: 2,219
Default

What are you considering Tampa Bay? I may be looking soon but not in Hillsborough. Most likely Pinellas or Pasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa38 View Post
If you or any other OSO member want foreclosures/bank owned properties anywhere in Tampa Bay emailed daily, contact me at [email protected].

The MLS system here let's me auto-email properties that match what you want, no charge.

Some of these properties are given back to the bank in spotless condition, some trashed.

The real trick is to get one that was listed because the owner's bought a house and couldn't sell the previous one...then the house is mint.
florida gator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:40 AM
  #56
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida gator View Post
Also something to be aware of when purchasing. I have dealt with people who claimed the taxes were low. First thing I asked was how long was the seller in the home? Many of the Realtors don't tell buyers the taxes being paid were going to change considerably once the house changes hands.
Taxes on something we bought.....quadrupled in the 1st year in Cape Coral
enticer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:26 AM
  #57
Registered
 
rockstrmkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Marco Island, FL
Posts: 1,326
Default

Property taxes in FL are based on purchase price of subject property.
rockstrmkr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:07 AM
  #58
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa
My Boats: www.foxxandassociates.com
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida gator View Post
What are you considering Tampa Bay? I may be looking soon but not in Hillsborough. Most likely Pinellas or Pasco.
Any of these counties: Pinellas, Pasco,Hillsborough, Hernando. My MLS does all those with the auto-email, I just use "bank-owned" as a keyword when I do a search.

Get ready for a shocker if I run Pinellas/Pasco froeclosures, it will be in the hundreds...and hundreds...

Most are vacant, so easy to go check them out.
Tampa38 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:12 AM
  #59
Registered
 
florida gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Clearwater, Florida
My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210
Posts: 2,219
Default

I will get with you soon.

Thanks
florida gator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
teaguecustommarine
New Products and Member Discounts
10
02-20-2008 04:05 PM
25 hors la loi
General Boating Discussion
4
02-08-2006 01:27 PM
Wardey
General Boating Discussion
90
11-02-2005 02:32 AM
WaterAccess
General Boating Discussion
1
06-24-2005 09:08 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.