Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any deals on Florida water access Properties? >

Any deals on Florida water access Properties?

Notices

Any deals on Florida water access Properties?

Old 05-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
The $25K or $50K is not the issue. The issue is that if someone can "Homestead" their Florida property purchase while the prices are down, as they obviously currently are (in some places more than 50% off the peak prices), that person can cap their property tax near to or at the bottom of the pricing curve. That'll make a difference in the long run.
Just my .02 cents.
And they will keep dropping for quite a while in South FL, good for buyers, bad for most current owners . Will help to get prop taxes down on waterfront back within reason.

Greg - have friends in LHP, what I miss about that area was Pelican Cove, which was torn down and Tails went up which is out of business now if I remember. I have some sick pics of when I took one of the waverunners out when Hurricane Floyd skimmed our coast years ago, nothing like jumping 10-15ft sets
Old 05-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
How much would taxes be for a foreigner? I hear they are pretty damn expensive.

Thanks,

Rob
If you or any other OSO member want foreclosures/bank owned properties anywhere in Tampa Bay emailed daily, contact me at [email protected].

The MLS system here let's me auto-email properties that match what you want, no charge.

Some of these properties are given back to the bank in spotless condition, some trashed.

The real trick is to get one that was listed because the owner's bought a house and couldn't sell the previous one...then the house is mint.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hugetime1
Still trying to sell that place? It's been about 3+ years hasn't it?
Old 05-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
The $25K or $50K is not the issue. The issue is that if someone can "Homestead" their Florida property purchase while the prices are down, as they obviously currently are (in some places more than 50% off the peak prices), that person can cap their property tax near to or at the bottom of the pricing curve. That'll make a difference in the long run.
Just my .02 cents.
Also something to be aware of when purchasing. I have dealt with people who claimed the taxes were low. First thing I asked was how long was the seller in the home? Many of the Realtors don't tell buyers the taxes being paid were going to change considerably once the house changes hands.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered

What are you considering Tampa Bay? I may be looking soon but not in Hillsborough. Most likely Pinellas or Pasco.

Originally Posted by Tampa38
If you or any other OSO member want foreclosures/bank owned properties anywhere in Tampa Bay emailed daily, contact me at [email protected].

The MLS system here let's me auto-email properties that match what you want, no charge.

Some of these properties are given back to the bank in spotless condition, some trashed.

The real trick is to get one that was listed because the owner's bought a house and couldn't sell the previous one...then the house is mint.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by florida gator
Also something to be aware of when purchasing. I have dealt with people who claimed the taxes were low. First thing I asked was how long was the seller in the home? Many of the Realtors don't tell buyers the taxes being paid were going to change considerably once the house changes hands.
Taxes on something we bought.....quadrupled in the 1st year in Cape Coral
Old 05-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Property taxes in FL are based on purchase price of subject property.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by florida gator
What are you considering Tampa Bay? I may be looking soon but not in Hillsborough. Most likely Pinellas or Pasco.
Any of these counties: Pinellas, Pasco,Hillsborough, Hernando. My MLS does all those with the auto-email, I just use "bank-owned" as a keyword when I do a search.

Get ready for a shocker if I run Pinellas/Pasco froeclosures, it will be in the hundreds...and hundreds...

Most are vacant, so easy to go check them out.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Registered

I will get with you soon.

Thanks