Notices

Gas Price At your marina

Old 03-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LZH
I agree with your logic, but your numbers are off and you forget about the hidden costs of boating. Insurance for boat and tow vehicle, fuel for tow vehicle, maintainence costs for motors every hr they are run or any other potential mechanical failure, etc. No matter how you cut it, boating is expensive, especially when you break something. But I do agree, the entertainment value boating represents is huge compared to other conventional forms of entertainment.
I agree there are other costs, but my point on this thread is we are talking about the price of fuel every time you go out.
Tow vehicle fuel depends on how far you go to boat. My point is no matter what you do it costs money. Not saying boating is cheap but when you compare it to other things it's not out of this world either.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Registered

$3.87 for 89 at my marina this past weekend.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LZH
Couldn't agree more. A good buddy of mine thinks buying a $50 lunch is adequate contribution.
I told him I appreciate it, but if he wants to come out, either hand me a C note at minimum or don't do anything .....but just don't insult me by thinking we're square by footing a $50 lunch bill....such a joke. Needless to say, he has yet to pony up anything substantial, only sits there and says "lets go faster" and then bails.
He won't be invited on any more trips.
If I'm taking people out that don't go out often with me...then I don't expact anything....it's the jerks that call every week asking if WE are taking the boat out and then don't contribute that really piss me off. And it's not like these same jerks don't realize how expensive it is....Whatever, I don't expect anyone to help out.....thats just setting yourself up for disappointment and frustration.
100% dead on. I'm 25, and I am not made of money. I am in the process of buying my first go fast boat right now.

My friends have been listening to me talk incessantly about boats, going out on boats, having fun on boats, etc. for the last six months.

We'll all be on the same page as far as gas contributions go, I can guarantee that. I've been pounding it into their heads.

One thing I will say, is that I will take into account how much money my friends have, and some will get bigger breaks than others.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
You'll be surprised that no one will kick in a substantial amount of money. They are spending money on entertainment (food drinks etc) and feel that is enough. Unless your friends own a boat then you will get nothing most of the time. Especially when your friends are around your age and might not have the extra income yet. I don't let it bother me, but I decide who goes on my boat period. If your an ******* your not going to be caught dead on my boat.
I disagree. While I'm sure some lackeys will ride for free or not contribute, that will be the exception and not the rule on my boat. I'm a dick so I don't have any problem saying 'pay up.' Luckily, most of my friends do pretty well, and they'll contribute, or they won't come. Like you said, no assho.les allowed.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its tough to expect people to chip in on fuel. Especially $1oo. Unless Im driving, im not throwin down $100 for any throttle happy friends of mine.. I pay for fuel and provide the boat and girls.. You bring the goose, the bull and the bar tab.. That way I can drive the boat however I feel like and not be concerned about burnin others money..

usually by the end of the weekend, it all evens out. Our crew goes through quite a bar tab..
Old 03-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Registered

Not sure if I agree with asking someone for money, or expecting them to pay for gas. I'm only 28, not loaded, but if I'm going out on my boat, I'm going to burn gas anyways. The only thing I do expect is don't just come to the dock with enough beer and food for yourself, there better DAMN well be enough for me and my wife, and if there is not, the store is at the corner!!!!

Last edited by 07DominatorSS; 03-25-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:58 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Bimini top and this (http://www.tohatsu.com/outboards/2_4st.html) bolted to the swim platform!!!
You might as well just be on a blow boat. In fact, I got invited on a blow boat last weekend out of Channel Islands Harbor, and thought "What the heck?" It was better than just drifting as people are describing here, and at the end of day, the gas bill after a full day on the water was, get this, $4. That's the cheapest gas bill I've ever had on any boat.

Michael
Old 03-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered

Every now and then i'll get a $20 for gas, that's usually it. I don't expect anyone to contribute.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
Every now and then i'll get a $20 for gas, that's usually it. I don't expect anyone to contribute.
I have the same outlook. I'm probably going to run the boat anyway, whether friends pile in or not. So, if they pony up some coin, it's a plus. If they don't, no harm no foul.

Last 2 years at the Emerald Coast PR, I split the gas in half with the friends we were riding with. He didn't expect it but I know it was a welcome offer.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2
I have the same outlook. I'm probably going to run the boat anyway, whether friends pile in or not. So, if they pony up some coin, it's a plus. If they don't, no harm no foul.

Last 2 years at the Emerald Coast PR, I split the gas in half with the friends we were riding with. He didn't expect it but I know it was a welcome offer.
Agreed...I INVITE my friends out, it's not conditional on them paying for anything. Usually they pick up dinner or lunch which is fine. It's more fun with them on board so who cares.

Quick Reply: Gas Price At your marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.