Notices

Veiw Thread = EMail

Old 02-16-2002, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veiw Thread = EMail

What's the deal with any post you make and anyone who veiws it, you get emailed of the person that has acknowledged the post?
Old 02-16-2002, 12:25 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

its an option on the software. when you make a post you can click it so you wil get an email to let you know someone replied. If you uncheck it you wont get it. By default it is checked. You can change you default setting in your profile. Go to edit and you will see it in there somewhere. good luck
Old 02-16-2002, 12:30 AM
Registered

Thanks 'puder...I'll try it out!
Old 02-16-2002, 12:30 AM
OSO Webmaster

Default Re: Veiw Thread = EMail

Originally posted by Wardey
What's the deal with any post you make and anyone who veiws it, you get emailed of the person that has acknowledged the post?
Try going to your "BB Porfile" (the button is on the left side, above the ads). Unsubscribe from the threads by clicking on the unsubscribe link next to the thread name...

Let me know if that works.

Also, you can turn off this feature by default in the same section: BB Profile, then look through the options.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:45 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

OSO webmaster....

any chance you are gonna consider my suggestion to have teh BBS in a seperate window so all yo uet is teh BBS and not the ads adn rest of the clutter? I understand if you haev to sell advertising to pay for eth erv eand eth software. BUT it woudl be much easier to use. Besid ethe new software being "bussier" the page it self that contains the BBS is also much busier leading to overall "over-bussiness" )in terms of clutter not sales.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:40 AM
OSO Webmaster

Originally posted by puder
OSO webmaster....

any chance you are gonna consider my suggestion to have teh BBS in a seperate window so all yo uet is teh BBS and not the ads adn rest of the clutter? I understand if you haev to sell advertising to pay for eth erv eand eth software. BUT it woudl be much easier to use. Besid ethe new software being "bussier" the page it self that contains the BBS is also much busier leading to overall "over-bussiness" )in terms of clutter not sales.
We are experimenting with a "lite" version of the board... just a different skin really (don't tell anyone, it's a secret plan ). This one would have much fewer graphics, give more space for the boards, and download more quickly, but it would NOT get rid of advertising. They pay the bills, after all.

And trust me, we are considering all suggestions, especially when they're made constructively

Thanks for the feedback.