Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is the Dragon dead? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/182517-dragon-dead.html)

BOBCATMATHEWS 03-20-2008 12:28 PM

ouch!!! lol!!!

Raylar 03-20-2008 05:24 PM

Read the other threads today on Baja, its no rumor, they gave 150 some Ohio folks pink slips today the day before Good Friday, I don't think their friday is going to be Good?

There is the real ouch!
Ray @ Raylar

CIG3 03-21-2008 09:18 AM

Talked to Craig this morning at Donzi. He is very excited about his new position at Donzi. To quell any rumors that the Dragon is dead, Craig said they are still building boats at the Melbourne (Doug Wright) facility, one going to Hungary with Diesels and one to Dubai with a second in the works. All rigging will be done in Sarasota. Look for, as Craig called it a DD in the near future.

He said to feel free to call him at Donzi anytime.

Matt Trulio 03-21-2008 09:30 AM

So what Mr. Kimmell actually said was, in fact, substantially different from what 2112 remembered him saying. He said the volume of builders in the industry creates "brand confusion," not that he wanted them "regulated out of business."

Even when what they say is printed verbatim in a magazine, people get misquoted all the time. No crime there. 2112's error is not a big deal. But it is important, at least for me, to get that stuff right.

As for Phantom Chaos and Old School hassling me about my memory ... Who are those guys and where did I meet them? On second thought, strike that question. It's all coming back to me.

For what it's worth, I've heard a lot of talk about "brand confusion" over the years, and while I understand it I've never been bothered by it. I have no trouble finding my favorite mustard among the 16 choices in the supermarket. I have no trouble finding the car I want from the sea of options in that market. Capitalism, love it or hate it, creates choice, and choice, as I think you'll agree from the array of boats you own, is a good thing. (Now, if I could only afford the two-seat German and Italian cars I really want.)

Cheers.

2112 03-21-2008 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 2493831)
So what Mr. Kimmell actually said was, in fact, substantially different from what 2112 remembered him saying. He said the volume of builders in the industry creates "brand confusion," not that he wanted them "regulated out of business."

Even when what they say is printed verbatim in a magazine, people get misquoted all the time. No crime there. 2112's error is not a big deal. But it is important, at least for me, to get that stuff right.

Cheers.

In my original post, I stated I knew I was not getting the exact words correct but obviously, my memory melded it more than I would like to admit in the 4 years since I read it.

Thanks for setting me straight:cool-smiley-011:

2112 03-21-2008 11:40 AM

Is there a place we ca go to re-read the article?

PhantomChaos 03-21-2008 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2112 (Post 2494005)
Is there a place we ca go to re-read the article?

Sure.....I usually read mine while sitting on the toilet. :D

2112 03-21-2008 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2494079)
Sure.....I usually read mine while sitting on the toilet. :D

:cool-smiley-011:

XtremePowerboats.com 03-21-2008 01:59 PM

Remember US guys Craig !! Good Luck !!Keep my #,s and keep in touch soon !