Cobalt 302 -- Got Her Yesterday >

Cobalt 302 -- Got Her Yesterday

Notices

Cobalt 302 -- Got Her Yesterday

Old 05-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobalt 302 -- Got Her Yesterday

So...took delivery yesterday, and guess what, she's twice the boat I thought she'd be. I'm absolutely in love!! Murphy;s Law kicked in of course and the seas were real messy. 5-7 footers with a lot of curl. My wife was with me and she doesn't do well in rough seas, so I'm heading out today with my son to see what she'll do. Unfortunately, it's still pretty messy out there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/friedma...57605341759454
Old 05-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

Congrats on the new boat, very nice!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Congratulations on the new boat!

If your wife gets seasick, have her try Meclizine (available over the counter almost everywhere). Everyone I know who has used this has not felt a bit seasick.

I'm out at Channel Islands Harbor all the time, so I'll wave if I see you.

Have fun with the new ride!

Michael
Old 06-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yup! A bowrider in big waves could be a problem!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered

Thanks Michael. What kind of boat should I look for?

Originally Posted by Michael1
Congratulations on the new boat!

If your wife gets seasick, have her try Meclizine (available over the counter almost everywhere). Everyone I know who has used this has not felt a bit seasick.

I'm out at Channel Islands Harbor all the time, so I'll wave if I see you.

Have fun with the new ride!

Michael
Old 06-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

A couple more pictures.

Finally had a chance to take her out for a spin. Openned her up for 30 seconds along the break water. She ran 61 mph without breathing hard. That's captaijn call exhaust closed, no trim, and full of fuel. I didn't have close to enough room to really get her going. I think she'll run an easy 65 to 68.

Too incredible!!
Attached Thumbnails Cobalt 302 -- Got Her Yesterday-dsc04673.jpg   Cobalt 302 -- Got Her Yesterday-dsc04675.jpg  
Old 06-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Thanks Michael. What kind of boat should I look for?
Sounds like you are getting good speed out of her. Just be careful of the water opposite the breakwater near shore. It gets pretty shallow there at low tide.

It's a bit hard to spot me, because, although I get out to Channel Islands almost every weekend, I'm on a bunch of different boats of all types and sizes. I was out there last weekend taking a Coastal Navigation Class put on by the Coast Guard Auxiliary. Great class by the way.

Your boat looks well equipped for offshore. I'll hail you on VHF if I see you. Does your boat have a name yet?

Michael
Old 06-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Registered

I have a name, Beach Boat, but I don't have a VHF yet. Soon enough.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Registered

I have a name, Beach Boat, but I don't have a VHF yet. Soon enough.
I thought I saw a radar unit in the pictures, so I just assumed you had VHF. You don't want to be without VHF out in the Pacific. Too many things can happen out there, and it's a big ocean. All you have to do is listen to one on the So. Cal. coast on the weekend, and you'll be convinced it is a good thing to have. I carry a nice little Icom M72 waterproof handheld, and waterproof Garmin handheld GPS so I can give them my position. Most people would also recommend a VHF fixed mount, which has longer range if you go out very far offshore. I also carry a cell phone for backup for near shore use, although it won't work if it gets wet, so I put it in a plastic zip lock bag before I leave.

Michael
Old 06-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Registered

A couple more pictures.

Finally had a chance to take her out for a spin. Openned her up for 30 seconds along the break water. She ran 61 mph without breathing hard. That's captaijn call exhaust closed, no trim, and full of fuel. I didn't have close to enough room to really get her going. I think she'll run an easy 65 to 68.

Too incredible!!
I thought you were supposed to open up the cap call over 3500 rpm's ? Got to let those puppies breathe! Congrats on the new boat!

Quick Reply: Cobalt 302 -- Got Her Yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.