Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sterling Engines.. you get what you pay for! >

Sterling Engines.. you get what you pay for!

Notices

Sterling Engines.. you get what you pay for!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Sterling Engines.. you get what you pay for!

I have dealt with many engine builders over the years. A few weeks ago I sent my Sterlings out of the Mercedes boat up to Sterling for a 25 hour check. Not that any service was due, just a once over to make sure we are ready for the new season.
First of all, the turn around time was incredible! I got them back sooner than I hoped. They found several little problems that could have been weekend ruiners! They were so thorough they even repainted motor mounts so everything looked like new. The price they charged was more then fair.
To sum it up, I have never been so happy with an engine shop. I can see why they have the reputation as the best! If your looking for the best I highly recommend Mike and his guys!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you getting a kick back??
Old 03-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a similar experience w/ Mike & Sterling. Spoken to him many times over the phone, first class easy going guy.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WeaponX

No but maybe a future discount!!!
Truthfully, it's just nice to get good service from an engine shop.

I recently had an engine in a shop here in Ft. Lauderdale, I have been a customer for years. Never ***** about price. I also don't bother him unless we are on a deadline trying to get ready for an event. I left the engine there and told him what i wanted him to do. After 6 weeks I called because I hadn't heard from him. He said "i didn't even touch it. I got swamped with bigger jobs and can't even touch it for another 3 weeks. Come and get it and bring it somewhere else if you want too."
I can't believe the way some of these guys treat their customers! That's the performance boat industry.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
No but maybe a future discount!!!
Truthfully, it's just nice to get good service from an engine shop.

I recently had an engine in a shop here in Ft. Lauderdale, I have been a customer for years. Never ***** about price. I also don't bother him unless we are on a deadline trying to get ready for an event. I left the engine there and told him what i wanted him to do. After 6 weeks I called because I hadn't heard from him. He said "i didn't even touch it. I got swamped with bigger jobs and can't even touch it for another 3 weeks. Come and get it and bring it somewhere else if you want too."
I can't believe the way some of these guys treat their customers! That's the performance boat industry.

I've seen that happen, and I figure I just keep trying new companys till one proves itself. Sounds like Sterling did that for you. The guy that put you on the back burner is going to wish he didn't when he gets slow or has some customers not able to come up with the green. Your continued business with payment will be looking awfull good.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:00 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Customer service is what its all about. Heard other things about some well known shops in Fla. pulling that same or similar stunt!

Good job Sterling
Old 03-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

It is funney how much customer service means to people in this sport.....That makes two bad as$ racing engine shops in mich....
Old 03-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WeaponX
it's called a referral fee......
Old 03-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Facts are facts and it is good to always hear about great experiences then only the bad one's in the boating industry.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

""Sterling for a 25 hour check..........They found several little problems that could have been weekend ruiners!"""" ??

Quick Reply: Sterling Engines.. you get what you pay for!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.