Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thanks from the Crazyhorses >

Thanks from the Crazyhorses

Notices

Thanks from the Crazyhorses

Old 02-19-2002, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I saw Kendra's post so I signed on and threw my name and my daughters in although the daughter was only there about one half hour......does that count?....I will keep you posted on the on going boat sale, I do have a couple of more good bites going on now.......Fred
Old 02-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Registered

Fred, I heard you had a chance to talk to Jack Decker, a former 42 Eagle owner, at the party.
Old 02-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Audiofn
Wish I could have been there. Sounds like you guys had a great time!!!!

G- Waterfoul did that on his own free will

See you all in LOTO LOTO LOTO LOTO LOTO LOTO LOTO LOTO
Jon - better order your titanium cup right now brother! Revenge will be mine!!
Old 02-19-2002, 04:18 PM
Registered

I did just want to say it was great meeting eveyone. Well worth the drive from Chicago...everyone was simply fantastic!
Old 02-22-2002, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

As I have stated in another thread relating to the party at Crazyhorse's,....thanks again Crazyhorse and Barb for opening up your new home. I had a nice time meeting everyone and placing the names with faces was fun and interesting....nice house too!
Old 02-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Registered

Crazyhorse, I did have a chance to talk to Jack Decker....any idea where his 42 is at now?....Did he say it was called "Risky Business"?...I can't recall what he told me was all done to it, what can you tell me about it?...modifications, speed..etc.....Fred
Old 02-22-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

Jack and Judy's all white "Risky Business" was equipped with 370 Mercs, TRS, Gill exhaust, air conditioning, 6kw generator. Jack had an arch made for it and installed Furuno radar. He bought the boat from the Hamptons and ran it one season before pulling the engines. We freshened them and installed the same cams that I still use in Dyno's, SuperV's, and Waterfoul's engines. Other than the cams, they remained stock engines. He ran the boat another 3 years without even a plug change. The boat ran 52 top speed, 5200 rpm. I'd guess you could expect a couple mph more with 420 engines. The 42 Eagle is really a nice boat. I don't think you'd ever regret buying it. By the way, Jack's 42 was in a great close-up at speed in one of the poker run videos we were running that night. Jack and Judy sold the boat and it ended up in Harrison Township in a boat sales lot after being repo'd from the new owner. Last I knew it was still over there somewhere.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Registered

Crazy......where did he come up with the name "Risky Business" anyway....or shouldn't I ask,...Fred
Old 02-22-2002, 06:45 PM
Registered

I'm sure they've told me how they decided on the name but i've forgotten. I'll tell you this though. Jack is one of the best boat drivers I know. These days he and Judy tool around in their Porsche 930. I'll send you his phone # in a private message. I'm sure he won't mind talking boats, especially about the Eagle. He always expressed an interest in the Wellcraft 50 Meteor. A few years ago he demo'd an offshore (can't remember the name) with twin turbo diesels too.
Old 02-23-2002, 09:50 AM
Registered

Hey Dave I know where there is a 1990 50' Meteor with triple 510"motors rated at 575hp each...has white leather interior, trailer etc, 149k.....Thats a boat,.....Fred