Notices

LOTO condos?

Old 03-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default LOTO condos?

Been looking at some other boating areas when is the season at LOTO? What part of the lake is the best to be on?
Also looking in Lauderdale and Miami but have some other friends considering LOTO as well.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My take, as someone who visits 5 - 6 times a year (versus the locals), is that the boating season runs May through October. I rent a condo near the 19 mile marker, which is the Osage Beach, Grand Glaize bridge area. From that area we can access 20 miles up or down river and take in most of what the lake has to offer. A good ramp is close (Public Beach #2) and land access to shopping and restaurants is close. Just my $0.02
Old 03-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The boating season is basically April 1 to Nov 1; for boats on lifts be prepared to winterize by 10-15; cruisers that stay in the water can go thru Dec if the water systems are winterized by 11-15.

The location you choose will depend on your priorities and budget. I would say that between the 1 and the 30 mile marker is generally the most desireable, and thus has the highest density; density = rough water. Those areas on the Hwy 54 side also have the highest level of services and conveniences available; shopping, dining, hospital, etc. as you go up the tribuataries the density declines as does the price point although there is certainley some prime real estate as well; not as crowded and generally more mature housing, but is redeveloping and growing.

Condos are overbuilt and are offering the best buying oppotunities where homes are generally holding value but are taking time to move. The lake market remains stable.

The lake population is primarily seasonal, however the full time population continues to grow. The lake continues to draw attention from retiring baby boomers wanting to stay close to family and who are wary of the pitfalls associated with coastal property. Evidence of this growth is in the form of the national and regional retailers with a presence at the lake; including Wal-Mart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, Marshalls, Hy-Vee; Sears; Walgreens; Panrea Bread, Applebees, Chilis, Outback, Starbucks, Steak and Shake, etc.

In spite of the national economy the local commercial development market remains active.

Google lake ozarks real estate and search around most of the properties are segregated into areas on the lake (A,B,C, etc.) that will give you an idea. I'll try and help answer any other questions you might have. Good Luck!

Last edited by omerta one; 03-24-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I heard Wiggler, Buddy OO, Boonville etc. has a great condo for rent
Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eddie, as a matter of fact I have 1 for rent depending on dates and 1 for sale, Beau if you really want a condo, let me know . I know where the super deals are right now, let me know your budget, you want to be between 6mm and the 26mm
Old 03-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Been looking at some other boating areas when is the season at LOTO? What part of the lake is the best to be on?
Also looking in Lauderdale and Miami but have some other friends considering LOTO as well.
Depends, do you like to run your boat, chill and cove, or bar hop.

Im at the 1mm and like to do all 3, so if want lunch it may be a 20 mile ride or a 3 mile ride, to cove out i can go 2 miles or 18. On holidays its a little quiter down by the dam, if you like to run the boat and burn gas dont be afraid to stay alittle farther out of the main hot spots

Wild
Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone have a map with the hot spots?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Does anyone have a map with the hot spots?

Ive got one, just pm me your address and I'll get one over to ya...I close on my condo on Monday....Very excited..Jeff
Old 03-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
Ive got one, just pm me your address and I'll get one over to ya...I close on my condo on Monday....Very excited..Jeff
Jeff, wheres your new place at ????????
Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a lake area map with restaurants/bars:
http://www.funlake.com/dining/rest_map/index.php

Quick Reply: LOTO condos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.