beware

Old 03-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about this one on craigslist for Washington DC

2003 Lexus ES300 $2950

This is the first email response I got:

2003 Lexus ES 300

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell it at this price ($ 2950 ) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i own this car. Now as a women i don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title, 3 months transferable warranty.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20.000. The final price that I want for this car is $ 2950 USD including shipping and handling.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Followed up today with:

The car will be shipped from Lincoln,Nebraska on my expense and will be delivered directly to your door in 4-5 days. I will pay the shipping fees. The car will be insured at the shipping company for the transport.
All documents, including owner's manual, clear title and a bill of sale on your name will be provided along with the car.I got your info and already sent it to eBay hoping they will contact you soon with all the details.
After you will hear from them please email me back because I need to know for sure if this is a done deal!
Hoping to hear from you soon .

P.S. - Please check your junk/bulk/spam messages too !!!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's one I got on a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab LT listed at $8,400. The ad listed the truck in Miami.

Hello there,
Fort Mill, SC is the location of the truck .
I`m not in US for the moment and the pick it up option is not available... but i can ship you the truck for free.There is nothing wrong with the truck ... I'm selling the truck at this price because i recently moved from US to Blackpool with my wife who is from England and we intend to marry in England and i sold my house over US and everything owned by me and the only thing to sell is the truck .The transaction will be made under Global Payment protection for our safety because i'm affiliated at Global Payment and i have a purchase protection account of $ 20,000. So if you want to make this deal i will need the following details to prepare the shipping : full name and address;shipping address;phone #.
After i will have this details i will provide you more info regarding the transaction.

Dumb Fuks

Dan
Old 03-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went through the same thing a few months ago with a guy selling an HP 500 on Craigslist for $2700. Figured it was probably a scam, but I had to try, right? Guy said he was in England for a year or so on a job-related transfer and just wanted to get rid of the engine. It was supposedly in a warehouse in Rochester. When I told I wanted to inspect the engine before I sent the money (through a European version of PayPal) he just fell off the face of the earth. There are a LOT of scams like this going around. Buyer BEWARE!

Tom