Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

Scott B clear your PM box.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by HUSTLEthis
Hey offshoredrillin, did they say they would cover you in the race or just for the weekend out there....last I checked, I wouldn't be covered in a race...

Hey Tank, we're supposed to be in Maui from the 18th through 25th, but if I can switch some dates around to later.... lets drag the guns out there....
I have Shannon almost talked in to it....
you only live once....
Well technically it isn't a race, it is a timed event, you are only trying to beat the clock. I am covered for the event as well, as it was written in the email to ACE, when I got the quote. Send them your complete itinerary and see if they will cover it My check is going out today as I was waiting to hear from my insurance company.

oh tank, he meant drag them to fla, pay attention man, his wife is a teacher..better have her work with ya

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 05-07-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

IS Rich Luhrs (t2x) going to cover it? that would be cool.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:17 AM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 815 Likes on 602 Posts

Freeze Frame will film All Events From The Races In sunny Isles and Do Photos asap Like Allways
Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Charlie, Larry, et al, Scheduling: Larry is beating on the community to participate in some activity for Friday aftrnoon and evening. Wine and cheese (Jesus, real men don't do wine and cheese)! in the pits after Bimini, and then a parking lot fair like the street thing in Key West. I have already scheduled the geezer night for Friday night. I'm not sure how one thing affects the other. I am willing to cooperate any way that I can. What do the rest of you think about the situation? Any suggestion will be welcome. My plan has been to get a few big boats, and take out lots of people to watch the race and bury Gillmore at sea during it. Then, back to shore and up to Jimbo's Raw Bar in Hollywood, where we have a huge indoor and outdoor venue, with our favorite band playing from 5 to 10pm. Good food and drink. Great mix of old racers and Gilly's friends. Whaddya think?
Brownie: It`s probably going to be tough rounding up a bunch of the old vets, but we have several right hear in Fla., I`ll name a few, others can chime in. we need contact info. etc. Many of the vets I have encountered, sorry to say could care less to attend an offshore event, due to the fact that when they, we left that was it, no one ever called up and asked if we would like to attend, maybe be honorary starters, or grand martials etc. Only one time the vets were honored, was Sarasota, they gave us a little tent, with some old pictures and charged us $75.00 each to attend a dinner to honor us. The thought was right but poor execution, and for wife and I $ 150.00 for the meal, plus hotel plus transportation was a bit much. I`m thankful for the thoughts of the people involved, but the execution again was bad. It was good to see John Delia, Digger, and Gus Anastasia. John Connor came with his motor home, which they wouldn`t let him park any where so he left.
I`ll get off the box now and try and think positive for this event. The names that come to mind in Florida. Bobby Saccenti, Vince Vento, Jack Stuteville, Sammy James, Carl Moesley ( Sea craft ) Bobby Latham, Bobby Krell, John Connor, Billy Ellswick, Just to mention a few. There were also some mechanics and riggers, who were personalities who should be involved. I know time is short, and I will attempt to help. Lastly it would be nice to somehow honor the guys who have passed away, maybe invite family members etc. like they do for other motorsports events. Smitty, Sirois, Gilly, Copeland, and the list goes on. Brownie, I am sure you can relate to what I am attempting to say. We should not forget about all the classes of Offshore from the past, not just the open class guys, there are a lot of guys who fought just as hard as we did in the smaller classes who have stories to tell, and experiences to share.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

Well put Richie. What Brownie has planned, is a get together on Friday night at Jimbos for as many of the old racers as can come. There is no charge and everyone buys their own meal or drinks or whatever they want.....probably run 5 to 10 PM or so.

On Saturday night the Sunny Isles people are trying to get a more formal party together and have invited the old racers to that also..once again no charge.

I don't think anyone is trying to limit it to Open class only or even driver or crews only ....anyone and everyone is welcome and it will be great to see all the old friends once again.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Richie, I think you will be amazed at the turnout. We have commitments for Odell, Mel, Sam James, Gene Wagner, Jim Emerson, Gene Lanham, Dick Clark, Larry Smith, Pete Rothschild, Dale Thayer, Phil Schenk, Butch Stokes, Carl and Jeanne Moesley (Health permitting) Dave Craig, Jim Hauser (Armand's son), Fred Kiekhaefer, George Peroni, Keith Sparks, Eddie Trotta, Sam Sarra, Willie Meyers, Doug Silvera, and a lot more. It is growing like topsy. I am thrilled to see so many guys that I admire so much. All of them that I have personally talked to said the same thing: "You couldn't keep me away".
Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Well technically it isn't a race, it is a timed event, you are only trying to beat the clock. I am covered for the event as well, as it was written in the email to ACE, when I got the quote. Send them your complete itinerary and see if they will cover it My check is going out today as I was waiting to hear from my insurance company.

oh tank, he meant drag them to fla, pay attention man, his wife is a teacher..better have her work with ya
Sounds good, I'll give our insurance guys a call to find out....

Yea Tank, take the boats out to Florida.....
Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by HUSTLEthis
Sounds good, I'll give our insurance guys a call to find out....

Yea Tank, take the boats out to Florida.....
cool I cant wait to see your gun!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone needs rooms, most of the hotels in the area will be giving racers and fans a discounted rate. Here's the first of many to come.

This is going to be a huge event! Don't miss it.

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/g...16/index.jhtml

Quick Reply: HORBA presents Don Aronow Memorial Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.