Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone in the trucking/hauling busness (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183212-anyone-trucking-hauling-busness.html)

Boomer35 03-28-2008 09:30 PM

Anyone in the trucking/hauling busness

Anybody in this busness, primarily Asphalt and dirt related

Mackattack 03-28-2008 09:50 PM

Yes, have several dump trucks, 14 cy Macks, currently updating to 20 cy tri axles.

We haul dirt and sand out of our pit, and do site work for now construction along with water, sewer and gas installations.

Buisness is wide open right now in Louisiana. No sign of a slow down, if I could hire 20 more people, I could put them all to work.

bearpaw 03-29-2008 09:54 AM

We have 16 dump trucks and 350 ton per hr. asphalt plant. And many dirt sources in FL Can we help?

Boomer35 03-29-2008 10:23 AM

just wondering what it takes to have a decent trucking outfit

bgchuby01 03-29-2008 10:48 AM

a large fuel account nowadays

Tax_man 03-29-2008 11:34 AM

Boomer market in Jacksonville suck right now. I have clients in the business many have trucks sitting idle.

bluellama 03-29-2008 02:16 PM

In Ottawa they had a good year, building starts are up, and they haven't stopped all winter hauling snow since early November. The City smoked through all of their $25 million snow removal budget this year.

Payton 03-29-2008 03:42 PM

My wifes family has 20 dump trucks in Indiana, Quads and Semis. The have been very busy for the last 24 months. Getting off to a slow start for this year.

stecz20 03-29-2008 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer35 (Post 2504339)
just wondering what it takes to have a decent trucking outfit

dump truck bus in very difficult right now.. with fuel and many illegals working for nothing it has been a failing business in the tri state area.. for the ones that are grounded and have been in business its good, for someone new and starting out its very toung... for what the truck has to make a days after insurnace, payment, union dues, fuel, and maint.. its a tough living.... good luck, why dont you get into the blasting bus like your old man... fomr the guys that i know, they do very well...

otis311 03-29-2008 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20 (Post 2504571)
dump truck bus in very difficult right now.. with fuel and many illegals working for nothing it has been a failing business in the tri state area.. for the ones that are grounded and have been in business its good, for someone new and starting out its very toung... for what the truck has to make a days after insurnace, payment, union dues, fuel, and maint.. its a tough living.... good luck, why dont you get into the blasting bus like your old man... fomr the guys that i know, they do very well...

Nothing to blast in Jax. It all swamp