Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who bought this boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183749-who-bought-boat.html)

H20 Toie 04-11-2008 02:02 PM

You wouldn't think that buying a boat would be a problem in this market but it seems that not everyone cares about customer service. I may be having an issue with the boat that i'm buying. This is from a private party, Already did the survey and have the funds lined up but we shall see. At least i still have the cig and cruiser so i'm not boatless.

Dreamer come on out to Desert Storm and you can ride with me :)

yesrej 04-11-2008 02:08 PM

go for it dreamer.i hope you make the dealer cry!

dreamer 04-11-2008 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by h20 toie (Post 2521924)
Dreamer come on out to Desert Storm and you can ride with me :)

thanks!!! but i have had air tix and plans for miami and running the new boat to gilberts..... oh wait theres no boat down there waiting for me
:angry-smiley-038:

H20 Toie 04-11-2008 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 2521963)
thanks!!! but i have had air tix and plans for miami and running the new boat to gilberts..... oh wait theres no boat down there waiting for me
:angry-smiley-038:

You can change tickets. it is a little harder to go boating without a boat :)

Croozin2 04-11-2008 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by baja27 (Post 2521746)
Dreamer, you are just wasting your time and money, but if that's what you want to do go for it.

Hell, I hear that statement every time I take my boat out or pull it up to the gas pumps!!!:cool-smiley-011:

If Dreamer's got the cajones to go after this guy, I say sic 'em. Someone at some time needs to be called out on this under-handed crap. I hope someone get's their nuts in a wringer over it.

dreamer 04-11-2008 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by h20 toie (Post 2521994)
You can change tickets. it is a little harder to go boating without a boat :)

takin some "guests" with me.... hangin at the condo for a long w/e

thanks agian... would love to see ur playboy... and my old one that has now been pimped out L.A. style:cool-smiley-027:

dreamer 04-11-2008 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Croozin2 (Post 2522014)
Hell, I hear that statement every time I take my boat out or pull it up to the gas pumps!!!:cool-smiley-011:

If Dreamer's got the cajones to go after this guy, I say sic 'em. Someone at some time needs to be called out on this under-handed crap. I hope someone get's their nuts in a wringer over it.

opportunity cost if it costs me X $$$$ more to get a boat cause the market heated up or there r few for sale... hes gotta pay for it.... or whatever extra he got for seling it from out of my contract im entilted to have....

long story short he said he would reimbures me for my expenses if i would walk... i said pay me now or i will file a lien and encumber the boat... he said let me talk to my attorney and ill get back to u.... by the time i got ahold of him boat was closed on and he tell me to beat it....

i should have encumbered the boat.... but im a nice honest handshake deal guy

ask sean who i boaght the 28ss from
parnell who i sold it to and got the playboy
Bobby s who got me the apache
or luke the guy who bought the playboy from me

Croozin2 04-11-2008 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 2522028)

And therein lies the problem for you and I. I run my business the same way - up front and honest. It's sad to say but it seems as if many boat/marine related businesses choose not to. I wish you the best in this deal and anxiously await the outcome.

PS - Wild had a similar deal when I was looking at his boat. Phil had a guy supposedly with check-in-hand and although we had no binding contract or purchase agreement of any kind, Wild held the boat until I could get down to sea trial it (even though we were six hours late after missing the original flight - Thanks wife!). There are some straight-up peeps left.

Panther 04-11-2008 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 2522028)
long story short he said he would reimbures me for my expenses if i would walk... i said pay me now or i will file a lien and encumber the boat... he said let me talk to my attorney and ill get back to u.... by the time i got ahold of him boat was closed on and he tell me to beat it....

As soon as the dealer said the A (attorney) word all bets were off!

That's my rule in the office...as soon as someone says the A word we stop talking, then they talk to our "a". :D

Croozin2 04-11-2008 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2522169)
our "a". :D

Does your "a" stand for attorney or .....:D:D