Notices

who bought this boat?

Old 04-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
There are plenty of good deals out there to be had
you would think.... but either they owe too much or just think the boats r worth way more....
Old 04-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you've gone through an enormous pain in the a$$.

Hope everything gets resolved for you.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
oh yeah forgot... had mindi doller reserve me a spot in her shop too......... they were waiting for it then calling to see why it and i didnt show up
Did the other buyer offer more at the last minute and the dealer didn't honor your agreement/deposit?

sounds almost as if the deal they made with you was was for less then they wanted and were salivating when someone came along with a higher offer...

Either way it's bad business if that's what happened...
Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Come to CT and check out Fountain ICBM's boat. That thing is sweet.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

What price did you have it for in the original contract ?
Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered

Stop crying about it, get over it and go buy another one. There are plenty of good deals out there to be had
I don't understand how you say that if he had a deposit on it.
Anyway they turn like **** look for something else!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Stop crying about it, get over it and go buy another one. There are plenty of good deals out there to be had
I think it would be easy to get over it if they at least gave him back his deposit. I believe in most states that if you have a signed contract it would be binding unless you didn't follow through on your end to break it. But it doesn't sound like thats the case here at least with the information thats been provided so far....

Just getting a better offer doesn't pass the muster in my opinion, not after agreeing on a price and writing up a contract... If it's true it's just another "black eye" for the marine industry...
Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Yeah,
Sounds like dreamer acted in good faith, and got screwed! Just another example of NO scruples in the marine industry!!

Dean
Old 04-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=fountain4play;2518279
Just getting a better offer doesn't pass the muster in my opinion, not after agreeing on a price and writing up a contract... If it's true it's just another "black eye" for the marine industry...[/QUOTE]

ding ding ding...

did get deposit back... but why did i pay for a survey... airline tix... credit hit.. financing leg work....drive 800 mi....on a wed ready to wire is when i was informed they backed... i was scheduled to meet it in miami on friday at noon.... sat to the keys for a romantic getaway with cash bar... er i mean go see chix at the tiki bar during spring break
Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered

Damn Dreamer, I was following your thread about this last week or so and then I couldn't find it anywhere. Did somebody erase the thread ?? I had thought maybe the dealer went thru with the deal and it worked out OK for you so you had it all erased.
I see now you still got screwed, that stinks. What happened ?? Did they sell her for a higher price ?? Did you ever get the truth from the dealer as to why they backed out ??

I hope you end up getting a much better boat for your money, Sometimes God works in strange ways. I must believe it may work out for the better my friend. Good luck.

Choke

Quick Reply: who bought this boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.