Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008! >

Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008!

Notices

Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008!

Old 05-21-2008, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shawn, congratulations on the new boat.
If you would like to be a Marshal or Rescue boat let me know.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shawn D
Should be a Great Memorial Week End on Charlevoix. We just picked up our new (to us) boat a few weeks ago, 2002 Powerquest 340 Vyper. Quite a change from our 230 Conquest. I hope the Poor Man's Poker run still lets me in.

I was told Wrink knew the PO's. Used to carry the name Watergun or (pistol?).

We've been thinking about the Thunder, I'm a lil green, Maybe Next Year.
Saw U out this w/e Shawn, U were pull'n out of Boyne Sunday late afternoon. Had just pulled into Boyne marina & walked into town & ate at Red Mesa! Howz the boat run'n, yes I know it well!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Registered

Boat runs real well. We went out Saturday to Charlevoix, the Pub for dinner and then out to ring the bell on the Red can by Medusa point. Sunday was good day too.
Still learning the boat, Tabs & trim, My first twin, Dock practice. Had her up to 70, Runs Great (to me at least).

So I assume you saw it on the trailer? If so you must have gotten a laugh out of the tow rig. My wife won't ride in the truck. She was the Grand Cherokee behind the boat with the kids.

We're still working on a new name for it.

JB,
I could help out on the Thunder Run, Sounds like fun. Tom and Bryan at the Shop have been talking about it.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shawn D
Boat runs real well. We went out Saturday to Charlevoix, the Pub for dinner and then out to ring the bell on the Red can by Medusa point. Sunday was good day too.
Still learning the boat, Tabs & trim, My first twin, Dock practice. Had her up to 70, Runs Great (to me at least).

So I assume you saw it on the trailer? If so you must have gotten a laugh out of the tow rig. My wife won't ride in the truck. She was the Grand Cherokee behind the boat with the kids.

We're still working on a new name for it.

JB,
I could help out on the Thunder Run, Sounds like fun. Tom and Bryan at the Shop have been talking about it.
Dude ,nice chat'n w/ ya the other day! Hope 2 catch ya on the water! Weather permit'n , hope 2 try out some new props this w/e!!!!! Stay tuned!!!

People, CUM out & play, 1 month 2 get'n Thunderstruck Baby!!! Fantastic Boat'n & Babes!!!! Letz rock northern Michigan like it has never been B 4!!! Bring it on!!!!!! Wrink P.S. JB is start'n 2 get nervous cuz of what a great X it's gunna B!!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Sent the registration in Yesterday...hope there is still open spots! May have to stay on the boat but the girl and I will be runnin.

What are the life jacket requirements for a 28' cat approaching 90mph?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm proud so say that I once again have the chance to bring up the rear again this year

International is the main sponsor again so we will be there representing the brand. Hopefully my dad will get his motors done in the fountain and be able to run it this year, gonna be pretty tight... Really looking forward to it. MIKE
Old 06-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wieland77
I'm proud so say that I once again have the chance to bring up the rear again this year

International is the main sponsor again so we will be there representing the brand. Hopefully my dad will get his motors done in the fountain and be able to run it this year, gonna be pretty tight... Really looking forward to it. MIKE

bring the gas can and fill it up
Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by JRider
Sent the registration in Yesterday...hope there is still open spots! May have to stay on the boat but the girl and I will be runnin.

What are the life jacket requirements for a 28' cat approaching 90mph?
Everyone has to wear life jackets while the boats are moving.
You can wear Lifelines as long as you have USCG approved vest onboard also.
Yes, we still have a few spots open. You won't be staying on that cat will you? So you don't need a dock with power?
I think with your reg. it will put us a 9 Cats
Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by wieland77

Thanks Mike, The kids need all the money we can get.
Like Scott said, make sure you fill it up this year
One big change you will be happy with this year is that we will have 2 starting groups and we will start the slower boats 1st and give them a chance to get out in Lake Michigan before the fast group passes them. It will put every ones arrival time for lunch closer together.
Speeching of lunch, you will like that better also. We are having it at Not-Just-A-Bar in Bay Harbor so that should be great. The only catch is we are not going to let anyone eat till you get there. lol Nothing like a little pressure buddy.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Thanks Mike, The kids need all the money we can get.
Like Scott said, make sure you fill it up this year
One big change you will be happy with this year is that we will have 2 starting groups and we will start the slower boats 1st and give them a chance to get out in Lake Michigan before the fast group passes them. It will put every ones arrival time for lunch closer together.
Speeching of lunch, you will like that better also. We are having it at Not-Just-A-Bar in Bay Harbor so that should be great. The only catch is we are not going to let anyone eat till you get there. lol Nothing like a little pressure buddy.
I GOT MY CAN SO I SHOULD BE ALRIGHT!!!

Im glad to hear about the two groups, the slow guys get to see the fast guys in action as the pass by!

Lunch at a resturant is also a great idea. Is the route the same as last year?

Quick Reply: Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.