Notices

F-1 Bahrain Ferrari wins

Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

As far as the state of open wheel racing in North America goes the merge btwn Cart and the IRL is finally a step in the right direction.......but faaaaak!......they gotta get some very BASIC rules down if they want to grow.

This no driver wieght rule is a huge joke.......in even the very lowest local stock car classes the overall wieght of the car INCLUDES the driver........without that rule by the time you get to the professional classes you end up with a bunch of little wee shrimps (or girls/Danica) driving your cars with the resulting tiny little cockpits.........so right off the hop you've eliminated 3/4 of the population from competing in your top series.......you got some dough and wanna go racing with eyes to move up to some top levels but you happen to be 6ft or over.....guess where your NOT going.......to make it even worse the top open wheel cars are so light driver wieght is even more of a factor.

Nascar on the other hand makes sure drivers like 6'5" Micheal Waltrip can get in thier cars and race with no disadvantage.......this is BASIC stuff......Nascar shakes its head and laughs all the way to the bank on that one....

And dont even get me going on the pay window.......although you can roadrace for 25 yrs and never see one.......
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
As far as the state of open wheel racing in North America goes the merge btwn Cart and the IRL is finally a step in the right direction.......but faaaaak!......they gotta get some very BASIC rules down if they want to grow.

This no driver wieght rule is a huge joke.......in even the very lowest local stock car classes the overall wieght of the car INCLUDES the driver........without that rule by the time you get to the professional classes you end up with a bunch of little wee shrimps (or girls/Danica) driving your cars with the resulting tiny little cockpits.........so right off the hop you've eliminated 3/4 of the population from competing in your top series.......you got some dough and wanna go racing with eyes to move up to some top levels but you happen to be 6ft or over.....guess where your NOT going.......to make it even worse the top open wheel cars are so light driver wieght is even more of a factor.

Nascar on the other hand makes sure drivers like 6'5" Micheal Waltrip can get in thier cars and race with no disadvantage.......this is BASIC stuff......Nascar shakes its head and laughs all the way to the bank on that one....

And dont even get me going on the pay window.......although you can roadrace for 25 yrs and never see one.......
actually nascar only goes up to 200 lbs, over that guys like elliot sadler and mw, they are at a disadvantage...
Old 04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the weight rule is gone now... danica is crying and BTW justin wilson is 6-4
Old 04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,607 Likes on 3,769 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
did you go all the way to Bahrain just to see the race???

thats hardcore!!
I been working on a project since January, and knew the race was coming up. It was my first F-1 race, and I had a great time, I am looking at the schedule to see if I can get to another this year. We have a busy year, work wise and if one is within a days flight I will go, same goes for boat races here Last month went to Qatar for a class one race.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,607 Likes on 3,769 Posts

I will also say the sound was incredible.

Fever Mike do yourself a favor see one, they are awesome.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you believe the Max Mosley chit !!!

That's bound to hurt his career !!!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
the weight rule is gone now...
when did they do that?.......how does the rule read?
Old 04-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

NASCAR rules are private and each NASCAR member signs an agreement allowing legal/financial penalties if they leak them.

But this appears to be the rule

minimum empty car weight of 3400 lbs, minimum driver + car weight of 3600 lbs

So if your driver is over 200 you carry the baggage.

Last edited by whatabout1; 04-07-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.miamiherald.com/625/story/475846.html
Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered

"The league weighed the drivers before the season to determine whether to add, subtract or keep the weight the same on the Indy cars."

So the driver only gets weighed at the start of the season ??
(Pig out all winter and then starve all season. Oh wait ,allot of sports are like that)

Or do they mean, "at the start of the session" ?

Quick Reply: F-1 Bahrain Ferrari wins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.