What do you do when you're ripped off ? >

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Notices

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Old 04-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried these on my 311 but I could not turn the RPM's. They look great and I used them for a weekend no dings, nicks, scratches. I will aslo include the Bravo 1 Hub kit I used to run them. One Right hand and one Left hand both for $500.

Where does he ever say they're new in the add?

You bought used props, and waited six months to negotiate a refund from a private sale for props that won't work for you. If I was the seller I would have a hard time trusting you. Put them on Ebay yourself. Who's to say Hydromotive isn't just trying to sell you new set of props, who's to say one didn't get damaged in shipping? Who's to say you didn't damage one? Too many variables to just send a 500 dollar refund six months later.

It cracks me up when people buy used crap on Craigslist, or Ebay to save a buck and then cry when it doesn't work. There's a reason shops like BBlades or R&R Prop shop are in business. They will warranty their product and usually let you try different sets until you find something that will work for you. The difference is it's going to cost you some money, but it will be money well spent in the end.

You get what you pay for, especially out of want adds.

Sometimes saving a buck isn't really saving you a buck.

If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is.

Buyer beware on used goods.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
[COLOR="Red"]
It cracks me up when people buy used crap on Craigslist, or Ebay to save a buck and then cry when it doesn't work. There's a reason shops like BBlades or R&R Prop shop are in business. They will warranty their product and usually let you try different sets until you find something that will work for you. The difference is it's going to cost you some money, but it will be money well spent in the end.
Now hang on just a minute here; We'll all agree that if you buy something out there on the "open net" and get burned, well, too bad. However, we like to think of ourselves here on this site as something of a band of brothers or at least a close-knit community with common interests. One of those common interests is open and honest trading. I would not, under any circumstances, sell anyone, anyplace or in any other venue a defective item unless of course that was openly discussed with the buyer. I especially wouldn't do it here. Nor would Jeff. Jeff got boned, simple as that.

I don't expect that kind of bone-job on this site. It does happen, but it also happens that we out that person, just as Jeff has done here. The six month lapse is not an issue. During that six months, Jeff sent the props off to be fixed, on his dime. He was willing to just pay the money, have them fixed and be done with it.

Now some of you say the manufacturer may be trying to bone this thing further. Come on, do you really believe that? Do you really think they are that hard up to try to sell new props rather than making money fixing the old props? Jeff could send them to another prop shop to validate the findings of the first, then then make trouble for that first shop.

Nope, the props were junk and the seller knew that. He had to.

Don't be blowing around your "buyer beware" crap. We shouldn't have to be on high alert on this site. We police it so we don't generally have to be worried.

If I were the seller, Jeff would have got his 500 bucks back. If for no other reason than to avoid this situation.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Now hang on just a minute here; We'll all agree that if you buy something out there on the "open net" and get burned, well, too bad. However, we like to think of ourselves here on this site as something of a band of brothers or at least a close-knit community with common interests. One of those common interests is open and honest trading. I would not, under any circumstances, sell anyone, anyplace or in any other venue a defective item unless of course that was openly discussed with the buyer. I especially wouldn't do it here. Nor would Jeff. Jeff got boned, simple as that.

I don't expect that kind of bone-job on this site. It does happen, but it also happens that we out that person, just as Jeff has done here. The six month lapse is not an issue. During that six months, Jeff sent the props off to be fixed, on his dime. He was willing to just pay the money, have them fixed and be done with it.

Now some of you say the manufacturer may be trying to bone this thing further. Come on, do you really believe that? Do you really think they are that hard up to try to sell new props rather than making money fixing the old props? Jeff could send them to another prop shop to validate the findings of the first, then then make trouble for that first shop.

Don't be blowing around your "buyer beware" crap. We shouldn't have to be on high alert on this site. We police it so we don't generally have to be worried.

If I were the seller, Jeff would have got his 500 bucks back. If for no other reason than to avoid this situation.
ThirdBird,

Thank-you for your responce and concern ....

Jeff
Old 04-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Registered

I've asked more than once......how would one know they are crap? Maybe I have crap props too? How can I check? It's been three years now since I got them, but if they are bad.......I'm sure they will stand behind them and give me my money back.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've stood back from this thread and watched it unfold; a couple of things occured to me. 1.) its good to ask LOTS of questions on both sides before doing a deal - someone may still get hosed - but the facts will be much clearer. 2.) people see things REALLY differently - see point #1 above. - Jeff
Old 04-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I've asked more than once......how would one know they are crap? Maybe I have crap props too? How can I check? It's been three years now since I got them, but if they are bad.......I'm sure they will stand behind them and give me my money back.
Nort,

I wish I had kept them and I would have sent them to you to use ....

I just responding to someone who replied to the thread ....

Apparently .... and I mean apprarently ..... bare in mind I am not the prop guy .... these were cut done or atleast attempted to be cut down .....

I wish I was closer to you guys I am enjoying getting my balls busted by you ....

LOL ... LOL .....

Jeff
Old 04-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Registered

Jeff.....I must say, you have handled this thread's "ribbing" very very very well!!!! Tabs up and drives in!! Get some boating done!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I think if anything, a little buying etiquette came out of this thread. If you buy something used, be ready to test them immediately. Don't buy props, or most any other boat item, at the beginning of winter unless you are in Florida or California (or some other place with year round boating). In the name of commerce, at some point the sale has to be complete. As a buyer, also ask if they are returnable, and what the length of time to return them is.

Michael
Old 04-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Now hang on just a minute here; We'll all agree that if you buy something out there on the "open net" and get burned, well, too bad. However, we like to think of ourselves here on this site as something of a band of brothers or at least a close-knit community with common interests. One of those common interests is open and honest trading. I would not, under any circumstances, sell anyone, anyplace or in any other venue a defective item unless of course that was openly discussed with the buyer. I especially wouldn't do it here. Nor would Jeff. Jeff got boned, simple as that. .
Are you kidding? After Trick Marine, Big Scotty, The Moose that ate the cell phone and all the other crap around here, do you think you can trust somebody just because they're a member of this site? Trust those you know, or have a reputation as being trust worthy just like you would in the "real world". I actually think Ebay is safer, especially if you use Paypal, you have some recourse if you get screwed of a by a damaged product.
I don't expect that kind of bone-job on this site. It does happen, but it also happens that we out that person, just as Jeff has done here. The six month lapse is not an issue. During that six months, Jeff sent the props off to be fixed, on his dime. He was willing to just pay the money, have them fixed and be done with it..
IMO, the time is the biggest issue. Six months, who's to say the buyer bought a set of props that just won't work for him for what ever reason and wants a refund? I can't imagine a prop so badly damaged that a reputable shop couldn't repair it. I use R&R Prop shop in Henderson, and I've shipped them props with blades that are bent over, with chunks missing and they make them look like new. Maybe Hydromitive doesn't do repairs???? I don't know, but the only prop I've ever had a shop say they couldn't repair was one that had thrown a blade and they were worried the casting was to pourous to work on.

Now some of you say the manufacturer may be trying to bone this thing further. Come on, do you really believe that? Do you really think they are that hard up to try to sell new props rather than making money fixing the old props? Jeff could send them to another prop shop to validate the findings of the first, then then make trouble for that first shop. .
I would send them to another shop, like I said above, I've never had a prop repair shop tell me that they couldn't repair a prop, especially ones that look like the ones in the pictures.

Nope, the props were junk and the seller knew that. He had to..
Of course, since you're buddy said it, it must be true. I've been around long enough to know there are always two sides to story. Even if he's "your" buddy and you want to swing from him........................

Don't be blowing around your "buyer beware" crap. We shouldn't have to be on high alert on this site. We police it so we don't generally have to be worried...
You're right, if they join a boating site they must be trust worthy. Then again you could support some of the advertisers and buy a new product at retail costs with a warranty. Buyer Beware partner.........

Yeah I would too, but if I bought them I would never ask for a refund. I would just chaulk it up as a lesson learned.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

How is it that the seller had to or was supposed to know there was something wrong with them? It took the buyer six months and for someone else to inspect them and say there was a problem. Like i said before it would very easy to buy a set, test them, determine they were wrong, sell them and move on without a second thought. Honestly i still think you are being a little harsh on the seller for none of us knowing that side of it.

I still think they are to much prop for the 330's in that boat. If you cant spin cut down 24's you will never spin a fresh set. Its common practice to cut down the diameter to allow them to pick up RPM's. I had this done on a set of 5 blade Herrings to allow the motors to pull all the way to the rev limiters. If anything you should be able to spin them easier.

Not trying to throw stones, just putting up a few of my thoughts as i read the responses here.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Quick Reply: What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.