What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Notices

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
I feel for you but waiting 6 months after buying a used product is way to long to complain
I can appreciate that .... but once again do to the circumstances of my situation ..... the props were altered before I received them.
Even if I waited until one of my buddies tried them with their 311 in the spring the out come would have been the same.

Under any other circumstance I would totally agree with you.

I guess I could of sent them to Hydromotive right away ... I just figured they were to much prop for my boat. My buddies have bigger power than I do in their boats.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by t500hps
I've often wondered if a business "rating" system could work ......I know it's been discussed and is too easily manipulated.

My idea was to start a thread about a PENDING deal:
IE:
"I'm buying/selling a set of props from/to OSO member XXXXX. If anyone has info either of us should have please passs it along."

I'm more than willing to post a thread to that effect for anyone that is buying something from me.....would it work?
I think you are on to something ..... what about a rating system like ebay's ..... I have no clue what it would intail.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
These props?. I was looking at them for my ScarabIII, still need a set actually. hope it works out

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=168225
You are the man !!!! these are exactly the ones I bought from him.
Now you can understand how pissed I am.

Thanks for finding that thread.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I feel for ya. I also bought 2 'brand new' Hydros from off the board. When they showed up, neither was new and 1 had a crack in the hub. I called the seller, which he agreed to replace with another 'new' one. The replacement showed up used, nicked and looked like someone took a wire wheel to the blades. I refused to loose any more $ too this guy by shipping the cracked one back to him. Instead, I sent them all 3 to a prop shop that used to be active here but are no longer around, for repair and labbing. They all came back looking great, but now I could have bought brand new labbed props for less. Sold the 3rd prop to recoupe some $$.
In one of our conversations (Ron and I) he told me to sell them .... I said "that is fine and dandy but I am not going to screw someone else knowing these are what they are, my reputation to important to me."

Therefore I went this route to explain my situation and let the "people" decide.....

Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do they look like they look in the pictures? Do the props that you got apear different? Is it possible that he did not know that they were altered because he purchased them used? I know if it was me I would just take them back and hang them on the wall as I do not feel that chit should roll down hill.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

If he has a friend who is AWARE that the props are compromised and are willing to pay 250 for them, and he is willing to cover shipping I would take that deal and chaulk it up to a lesson learned.

I don't think that is totally unfair of him - he found you a buyer and is covering shipping. More than he HAD to do. (Not that I am condoning the original sale of crappy props)

I can see both sides of the story but it has been 6 months and I would be wary if I was the seller.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Do they look like they look in the pictures? Do the props that you got apear different? Is it possible that he did not know that they were altered because he purchased them used? I know if it was me I would just take them back and hang them on the wall as I do not feel that chit should roll down hill.
Yes they did look like the ones in the picture .... therefore I didn't give it a second thought until waiting for the spring to try them on a different boat.
It wasn't until later I decided to send them to Hydromotive since I had some time on my hands .....

I agree with you regarding taking them back hence that is why I didn't offer to re-sell them.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by seafordguy
If he has a friend who is AWARE that the props are compromised and are willing to pay 250 for them, and he is willing to cover shipping I would take that deal and chaulk it up to a lesson learned.

I don't think that is totally unfair of him - he found you a buyer and is covering shipping. More than he HAD to do. (Not that I am condoning the original sale of crappy props)

I can see both sides of the story but it has been 6 months and I would be wary if I was the seller.
I would agree with that if I was aware to .... let me make the decision whether or not i want to purchase altered props like his buddy did.
Why should I take the loss ..... his buddy didn't or Ron for that matter ..... it is not the $250.00 it is the principal at this point.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by got twins ?
I would agree with that if I was aware to .... let me make the decision whether or not i want to purchase altered props like his buddy did.
Why should I take the loss ..... his buddy didn't or Ron for that matter ..... it is not the $250.00 it is the principal at this point.

Jeff
I understand you, and the principal does make it hard to swallow, and hell - $250 dollar loss is still a decent amount of money (at least to me it is), but you'll probably spend more energy being angry over it than just letting them go and getting the props you want and need just in time for the summer. Once you get the right props and the boat runs how you want it to you will forget about this whole crappy episode...
Old 04-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

This sucks. Might want to work with Brett at BBlades. You can trial any prop before you buy.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.