What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Notices

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
TWO YEARS is NOT first time out.
And like I said HE KNEW the props were Junk if he actually put them on his boat.

Two years may pass before someone puts a used part on a used boat. Very realistic. Many people have "project boats" that have NEVER hit the water! Ask AUDIOFN.

How would the guy actualy know the props were junk? I'm really curious.......I don't know props that well.....maybe I have some junk props I don't know about!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
TWO YEARS is NOT first time out.
And like I said HE KNEW the props were Junk if he actually put them on his boat.
I've been reading this and trying to see both sides even if it's only one side being told. First thing that strikes me is that it took so long to try and get your money back when it was no secret that these were used peices being sold as is...

I could possibly see trying to get your money back after a couple days but to be quite honest I don't think I would even entertain that...It's not like he was (the seller) saying "Try them before you Buy them"

He sold used props that didnt' work on his boat and you were willing take them off his hands. Used parts typically have no warranty unless your buying from a business and almost all the time you would have to return them on your dime within a day or two not six months.

If he knew they were junk as someone stated and sold them then that would be a different situtation entirely, but I haven't heard from the person who sold them making any statement like that.

I'm getting ready to sell some parts that are coming off my boat and they will be sold "as is" and "no returns" yes they will be used but if you want new buck up and buy new at least then you would have a cause to complain...

If I were you I'd take the $250 offer and consider yourself lucky that someone would even buy them after you have told the world they are useless paper weights...

If this sounds harsh that's not my intention, its just more of a statement of fact you waited way too long to do anything about them...
Old 04-09-2008, 10:42 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Up, rocks, dirty, twist????
Old 04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Up, rocks, dirty, twist????

LOL......are you trying to post on the thread: "What booze do you KEEP on the boat? "
Old 04-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fountain4play
I've been reading this and trying to see both sides even if it's only one side being told. First thing that strikes me is that it took so long to try and get your money back when it was no secret that these were used peices being sold as is...

I could possibly see trying to get your money back after a couple days but to be quite honest I don't think I would even entertain that...It's not like he was (the seller) saying "Try them before you Buy them"

He sold used props that didnt' work on his boat and you were willing take them off his hands. Used parts typically have no warranty unless your buying from a business and almost all the time you would have to return them on your dime within a day or two not six months.

If he knew they were junk as someone stated and sold them then that would be a different situtation entirely, but I haven't heard from the person who sold them making any statement like that.

I'm getting ready to sell some parts that are coming off my boat and they will be sold "as is" and "no returns" yes they will be used but if you want new buck up and buy new at least then you would have a cause to complain...

If I were you I'd take the $250 offer and consider yourself lucky that someone would even buy them after you have told the world they are useless paper weights...

If this sounds harsh that's not my intention, its just more of a statement of fact you waited way too long to do anything about them...
None taken .....
First of all like I mentioned earlier what is done is done ....

The part where he has no problem selling these props to his buddy who is in his "backyard" as far as boating is concerned for $250.00 who apparently knows they ae junk blows me away ....

Something just doesn't add up here. This is only my opinion and my opinion only .

Thanks for your input as well .....

Jeff

Last edited by got twins ?; 04-09-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?
None taken .....
First of all like I mentioned earlier what is done is done ....

The part where he has no problem selling these props to his buddy who is in his "backyard" as far as boating is concerned for $250.00 who apparently knows they ae junk blows me away ....

Something just doesn't add up here. This is only my opinion and only my opinion.

Thanks for your input as well .....

Jeff

Jeff

Maybe they are not junk.....maybe Hydromotive wants to sell you new stuff! Glad it worked out to your reasonable satisfaction.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Jeff

Maybe they are not junk.....maybe Hydromotive wants to sell you new stuff! Glad it worked out to your reasonable satisfaction.
The funny part of this whole thing is that I never buy used parts ..... period ......
I get on this freak'in web site in Sept . and has consumed me.
I am no different then anyone else ..... what is right is right.

I just merely wanted to point out what had happened to me with regards to a dealing which involved another OSO member.

What I still can't grasp is why Hydromotive would tell me they aren't really repairable to the original spec they should be.
We don't recommend using them the way they are.
And with that being said .... I explained that to Ron and still sold them to his Buddy ...... not only did I give the information but I gave him the contact at Hydromotive to call to verify everything I had told him.
Bare in mind Hydromotive had no clue where these props are from.
So it's not like they are in cahoots together ..... you know what I mean?

Anyway sometimes you just got to say "What the Fukk" ....

It is very interesting reading everyone's opinion although.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Typically I don't sell anything that's used for the simple reason it might come back, but when it actually has some value that's when I start thinking about putting it up for sale. I can relate to a little incident that happened when I was much younger I had an old Chevy 4x4 that I was selling...Had a guy come over and wanted to buy it but someone else jumped in and bought it... It was sold with no warranty and the person knew what he was getting but never the less in a month or so the clutch went out and he's asking me WTF...like I should do something about it...I just told him something I learned in High School and it was "Caveat Emptor" which means "Buyer Beware" ... I said Dad you bought it you own it...LOL...He still gives me **** over that one 30 years later....

and yes it does seem odd that he would sell them to a friend knowing somethings not right...
Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Typically I don't sell anything that's used for the simple reason it might come back, but when it actually has some value that's when I start thinking about putting it up for sale. I can relate to a little incident that happened when I was much younger I had an old Chevy 4x4 that I was selling...Had a guy come over and wanted to buy it but someone else jumped in and bought it... It was sold with no warranty and the person knew what he was getting but never the less in a month or so the clutch went out and he's asking me WTF...like I should do something about it...I just told him something I learned in High School and it was "Caveat Emptor" which means "Buyer Beware" ... I said Dad you bought it you own it...LOL...He still gives me **** over that one 30 years later....

and yes it does seem odd that he would sell them to a friend knowing somethings not right...
I can totally relate .....

Thanks for your input.

Jeff
Old 04-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Registered

I said Dad you bought it you own it...LOL...He still gives me **** over that one 30 years later....

Love it!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.