Notices

Myco Trailers

Old 04-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Myco Trailers

I wanted to take the time to say THANKS..I had a few items on my trailer that I had some concerns on. I called Bill Tweedie from Myco, explained my situation, and his reply was... Refreshing...especially with all the negativity that has been going on in the offshore world. Bill said he would take care of my concerns, check the trailer out completely and make any and all adjustments as well as return the trailer to my house since he was coming in this direction. What more could I ask for. I did received the trailer yesterday, and Bill is definitely a man of his word. Everything, as well as 1 more item the Myco team found was fixed, and all this to my satisfaction. This was my 3rd Myco trailer as well as I have a cradle for my 43 Nor-Tech on my lift. I am completely satisfied as well as furthered my decision on which trailer co. is by far the best. No questions asked on which trailer will be on my next boat. The other thing that needs mentioning, was the guys that dropped off the trailer..Bob and Chris from Florida Marine transport were the most gracious gentlemen that I have met for being a transport co. They even called to make sure I was completely satisfied on all aspects cause I was not here when they dropped it off. Thank You Bill, as well as the Myco team I appreciate everything.

Happy Boating

Jeff Jassby

Last edited by Jassman; 04-10-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have towed many different trailers around this courntry. When I pull up to a boat and it is sitting on a myco I can feel more assured that I will not have a bearing or tire failure. Granted they are not perfect and I have had failures with them also but that is when the trailer is never serviced and left outside in the florida sun. When ever I do have a bearing problem I know that I can call myco with the model number and they will give me part numbers or cross reference the number so that I can get the new parts asap. Congrats to Bill Tweedie for not only running a great business but also for having bought the company within the last year from the original owner,
Old 04-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

I spent some time with Bill at the Louisville boat show while he was working the Outerlimits display. What a great guy. Was very entertaining listening to stories of the good old days in offshore racing and the Thunderboat Row stories. I looked closely at Mentalpause's Myco for his F-4 and I was very impressed with the beefieness and build quality. Great guy, great company, great product.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never even met Bill but he always did what he said. Nice trailers!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Registered

great post Jass, So nice to read something positive and a ray of sunshine in all the negitive things happening in this industry as of late. Thanks and have a great season.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Jeff, do you have a running count of how many bearings you have rebuilt, and how many tires you have changed?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Jeff, do you have a running count of how many bearings you have rebuilt, and how many tires you have changed?

0 to date on my Myco's when I owned them. Jeff
Old 04-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Banned

not as many as you may assume. but I had one myco that left california to the east coast and I dropped the first bearing in arizona, fixed it and in Indy dropped the next one on the same side. I chained up that axel and kept going since it was late at night. in ohio the next one dropped on the same side so with two out I gave up. so in one trip I lost all three on one side. I finallly loaded the boat and trailer on a landoll and went the rest of the way. But I will say that the trailer was always in salt water and never washed or taken care of. Now coming out of key west this last year I was towing the 50 nortech canada thrust boat and i went via the card sound road due to the constuction and 2 miles from homestead the right front bearing of a new trailer caught on fire. I was looking out the right side mirrow and saw flames. As you know that road is narrow. I stopped and used gatorade to put it out. I made a phone call from there to a fellow OSO member (Buzzilia) and he directed me to a great shop in homestead where a marine shop fixed it up and headed to fastboats. got as far as 826 and tamiami trail and another bearing went. I pulled the wheel and whent to Randy's with 5 wheels turning. I must say though that I am pretty lucky with trailer failures concidering all of the traveling that i due

Last edited by bgchuby01; 04-10-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
not as many as you may assume. but I had one myco that left california to the east coast and I dropped the first bearing in arizona, fixed it and in Indy dropped the next one on the same side. I chained up that axel and kept going since it was late at night. in ohio the next one dropped on the same side so with two out I gave up. so in one trip I lost all three on one side. I finallly loaded the boat and trailer on a landoll and went the rest of the way. But I will say that the trailer was always in salt water and never washed or taken care of. Now coming out of key west this last year I was towing the 50 nortech canada thrust boat and i went via the card sound road due to the constuction and 2 miles from homestead the right front bearing of a new trailer caught on fire. I was looking out the right side mirrow and saw flames. As you know that road is narrow. I stopped and used gatorade to put it out. I made a phone call from there to a fellow OSO member (Buzzilia) and he directed me to a great shop in homestead where a marine shop fixed it up and headed to fastboats. got as far as 826 and tamiami trail and another bearing went. I pulled the wheel and whent to Randy's with 5 wheels turning. I must say though that I am pretty lucky with trailer failures concidering all of the traveling that i due

Good point...what is the time frame in which bearings should be packed..Thanks Jeff
Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Great product and very easy to do business with. I got my new Myco last fall. Can't wait for Spring!
Attached Thumbnails Myco Trailers-img_1616-large-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Myco Trailers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.