Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Wholesale Pricing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184268-boat-wholesale-pricing.html)

aquatictherapy 04-11-2008 08:32 AM

Boat Wholesale Pricing

I know the boat pricing subject has been beaten to death. I am trying to figure out what the wholesale pricing is on my boat. I have a 99 powerquest silencer, 28' with 502 mag. All the standard options including a trailer. Where would I find this price or can anyone give it to me. I have been thinking about trading it in and that is what the dealers say for pricing. The condition is fair. Thanks everyone.
Scott

DollaBill 04-11-2008 08:57 AM

It depends on real ACV (actual cash value) or what they are showing you. Rule of thumb.............. low book less 20-25% less any repairs. Maybe less in this market

berns29scarab 04-11-2008 09:00 AM

what he said...nada trade in value less 20-25% is spot on. atleast thats how the dealers up here in the NE figure

DollaBill 04-11-2008 09:19 AM

Yeah, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night :)

Shanghied Again 04-11-2008 09:19 AM

If you go by NADA: A Silencer shows with a 310 HP $27,650 add in the extra HP $3900 would be $31,550 X 20%= $25,240 @ 25%= $23,662 this all depends on the boat you are trading in on Value on what percentage.

DollaBill 04-11-2008 09:35 AM

Basic ACV is about 18-20 due to current mkt conditions and the fact that Powerquest is out of business etc. Leaning 18ish.

bimmerboy318 06-20-2008 11:56 AM

I offered $25K for a 99 280 Silencer and the guy basically got pissed off and started to walk away. The whole time my wife was watching him as we walked back to our car to leave. Once he realized we were leaving, he turned and said I got an offer for $28K that I turned down. Being my brash self, I replied "You should've taken it." Maybe I should have just said I've got your number, let me think about it.

Why do people in today's market, with boats they can't afford and NEED to sell get pissed when you offer them a "wholesale" value? I'm in Louisville, KY. Home of UPS, Ford F-250 plant, Ford Explorer Plant, and GE appliances. The Ford plants are shutting down for a month at a time, GE is for sale, and UPS is cutting back.

But yes, wholesale is 20-25% below the NADA low.

Brion rose 06-23-2008 08:57 PM

You are offering nothing for boats. I understand why the salemen watched you go back to your car and leave.

Originally Posted by bimmerboy318 (Post 2596279)
I offered $25K for a 99 280 Silencer and the guy basically got pissed off and started to walk away. The whole time my wife was watching him as we walked back to our car to leave. Once he realized we were leaving, he turned and said I got an offer for $28K that I turned down. Being my brash self, I replied "You should've taken it." Maybe I should have just said I've got your number, let me think about it.

Why do people in today's market, with boats they can't afford and NEED to sell get pissed when you offer them a "wholesale" value? I'm in Louisville, KY. Home of UPS, Ford F-250 plant, Ford Explorer Plant, and GE appliances. The Ford plants are shutting down for a month at a time, GE is for sale, and UPS is cutting back.

But yes, wholesale is 20-25% below the NADA low.

bimmerboy318 06-23-2008 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Brion rose (Post 2599637)
You are offering nothing for boats that are out of your league. In reading all of your questions you don't know the difference between Horsepower and cubic inches, carbs or fuel injection. Maybe you should do some more research before making offers. I understand why the salemen watched you go back to your car and leave.

Ouch, that hurt. I made you an offer that was as high as I could afford. I didn't push it on you or anything of the sort. I responded to a voice message you left me indicating you had another interested party. Instead of leaving you wondering, I gave you my best offer. I even stated that I knew the boat was worth more. I've sold many things and have never scoffed at an offer no matter how low. I don't put things up for sale that I don't intend to actually sell. An offer is just that, an offer, take it or leave it.

If you're mad that you spent 30 minutes on the phone telling me about your boat, scanning a bunch of documents, and e-mailing some photos, get out of the used boat business and let a broker sell it for you.

enticer 06-24-2008 04:34 AM

This is from ABOS and should give you a good idea. Does not include trailer

Vehicle Lookup
Make Powerquest
Model Year 1999
Model 280 Silencer
Draft 36"
Boat Type Sports Cruiser
Weight 4800
Horsepower 470
Hull Material Fiberglass
Hull Length 27 ft 7 in