Notices

NEW 32' FOR $85k

Old 04-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

DollaBill, well now you gotta tell your story. You can't leave us hanging like that. Everyboat I have had has tanked in price but not like boats are doing today. I spend money on boats that is for sure but boats were something I lived and breathed for at the time so I just bought and sold/traded.

My 1998 26 Scarab I kept for 2 years lost 20% in 2 years . My 2000 29 Fountain lost around 25% in 2 years. My 36 Concept I had for almost 2 years lost 30% with 120hrs on it. I sold it for what other 2004's were going for at the time.

Other than that I have to say that T-Top on this dark red 32 is the best looking t-top around. I think I like it better than the arch. Althought the arch is cool since you can fold the top up for full sun or bring it out for shade.

Maryland Mark is going to cry when he see's the price on this boat. I know Mark's boat has some other options and faster engines but the cost to upgrade from 250 Verado's to 300XS is only around $18k and wasn't Mark's boat like $50k more than this 32?

I wish I could trade my 38TE Fountain for this 32 Concept!

Last edited by FeverMike; 04-15-2008 at 07:32 AM. Reason: spellin'
Old 04-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to here what went on with Dollabii's boat.I had to go back and read this thread twice to see if I was missing something.So can you fill us in?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DollaBill - you made a statement that the reason you lost money was because it was a Concept - if you did not intend the statement to mean this, then it insinuated it and should be corrected. There was no problem with the boat, and both parties were under the impression each was getting a good deal. Your trade ended up being sent to Fountain and you immediately put the 32' for sale that you "thought" you purchased for dealer cost.
And by the way -
If you are a dealer, you are entitled to purchase a personal boat direct from Concept. If there is a dealer near you, that dealer is entitled to be consulted if any profit should be made; however, usually, they will do a courtesy sale.
Anyone that knows me here...knows my only downfall may be too much honesty and always putting all cards on the table.
And, what happened in that deal has everything to do with the price of that boat, so it is you that needs to be careful.
Do not affront Concept or I will call you out.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered

His story is private. And, why I personally do not like these forums. They should be to help people meet up and get opinions of boat lines.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Maryland Mark is going to cry when he see's the price on this boat. I know Mark's boat has some other options and faster engines but the cost to upgrade from 250 Verado's to 300XS is only around $18k and wasn't Mark's boat like $50k more than this 32?

I wish I could trade my 38TE Fountain for this 32 Concept!
Mike - It is more than 18K on engines. The arch is a few thousand more, the graphic MM choose was several thousand more, electronics and additional items that he wanted. Of course this is not a good deal on Don's boat, it is A GREAT deal, he is loosing thousands on this boat to get rid of it. Don knows partially why this boat has not sold also. Not only is it become a buyers market, but Don and Laura are two of the nicest people I have ever met, and Don is not only not aggressive, but before he put that boat away for the winter, told a client that was seriously interested in the boat, "not to worry, no one is going to buy this boat in the next few months of winter, come and see it when you get a chance". He was in Calif, you got that guys number Don?
Old 04-15-2008, 10:06 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call me out?!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call me out?!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am one of the most public people on OSO. Get it.

Again, this has nothing to do with the other deal. A few people that can crush you and this thread were present for the entire transaction on the other deal. Someone please enlighten Mr. Concept. I'm not saying anything about that because I still haven't decided whether I'm going to pursue ssomething with that or not.

This is about a Concept. Stop hiding behind other BS. Fact is the boat depreciated. I didn't say I didn't like the boat or it was a bad boat. What relevance does putting it up for sale have to do with anything?

Leave it alone at this point.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I'm not sure the one thing has anything to do with the other.

Point is, that 32' that DollaBill had was a tough sell. It was a nice boat, and seemed built well, but it still was a tough sell. I don't think what a boat "sold" for has anything to do with a trade made months before.

Might wanna let this one go.......
Old 04-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered

You don't know me and I won't allow you or anyone to crush me or Concept unless we deserve it.
You started this with an inuendo that your loss was because the product was a Concept.
You purchase a boat, or a car, you drive it off the lot, you just lost 20% on anybodys product because it is now a used product. I do not get my story 2nd hand, you rushed to make the sale and the new owner could not get paperwork from you because Shogren would not release it and I was not allowed to duplicate for the new owner. When you purchase a boat, it shows up on e-bay a short time later, I guess you will loose some money. And, by the way...it's Ms. Concept

And, Don - I have not meant to cause harm to this man; however, you know that I have been with Concept since infancy and when I pulled a boat behind me to set up a dealer network 12 years ago, no one knew what one was even a 100 miles from my plant. I will defend our name but would be nice to just delete this entire confronting thread unless Mr Dollabill would like to continue to joust. Or, sir you may call me...I hide behind nothing 888-635-8712
Old 04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Again, and for the last time, it is about a Concept Ms. Concept. You are the one making a stew of the story. There is NO reason to bring up other names or issues.

I think you missed the point. It started as a resale issue. I'm done beating my head against a wall with you. You refuse to address what I said about RESALE value.

I'm done. Happy Boating
Old 04-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered

I see what you mentioned in post #28.
Ms.Concept was addressing the resale of your boat and why it was not good.
She was very offended that you insinuated that, its because of the product. Its her lively hood to support her family..

Quick Reply: NEW 32' FOR $85k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.