Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   This is just UNREAL! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184541-just-unreal.html)

INDY27 04-15-2008 05:56 AM

This is just UNREAL!

As I sit here and look at the page views for some of the topics I cannot believe how few of you have looked at my thread " Another Ala Lake going down"! You people will banter back and forth about nonsense or jump on a forum member for something that did not directly involve you but yet dont seem to care about these new anti boating laws that are popping up in my state. I bet you would if it were happening in your state! The very least you could do is email the the Alabama House of Represenatives at [email protected] and voice your CORDIAL opinion against this type of legislation! YOUR STATE COULD BE NEXT AND IF IT DOES I CAN GUARANTEE THAT I WOULD BE IN YOUR CORNER!

SPITFIRE 04-15-2008 06:58 AM

It's because you own two Fountains!!!:evilb:
Just kidding, will search out the the thread and voice my opinion. Big Brother is way out of control, we do need to rally to even have an attempt of stopping some of this BS. Bill

Jassman 04-15-2008 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by INDY27 (Post 2525561)
As I sit here and look at the page views for some of the topics I cannot believe how few of you have looked at my thread " Another Ala Lake going down"! You people will banter back and forth about nonsense or jump on a forum member for something that did not directly involve you but yet dont seem to care about these new anti boating laws that are popping up in my state. I bet you would if it were happening in your state! The very least you could do is email the the Alabama House of Represenatives at [email protected] and voice your CORDIAL opinion against this type of legislation! YOUR STATE COULD BE NEXT AND IF IT DOES I CAN GUARANTEE THAT I WOULD BE IN YOUR CORNER!

TTT

Audiofn 04-15-2008 07:14 AM

I agree Indy. Kind of goes back to the whole "are we our own worst enemies" thread. We are fighting the battle up in NH for this and it is amazing how few people actually want to get involved. Of course those same people that are not helping now will be betching the worste when they can no longer run their boats......

Fountain38SC 04-15-2008 07:21 AM

You may want to take a look at the thread title. I assumed it was about the lowering of water levels not regulation -there isn't much I can do to make it rain.

Mykalvballer 04-15-2008 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain38SC (Post 2525628)
You may want to take a look at the thread title. I assumed it was about the lowering of water levels not regulation -there isn't much I can do to make it rain.

I sent my 2 cents in again yesterday to Gov Riley, Barry Mask and then today to the house email you posted. I live in Wetumpka, AL and have a banned boat as well.

zimm1978 04-15-2008 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain38SC (Post 2525628)

yea i remember scrolling past it, thought the same thing, yeaup another lake drying up...hahaha will go back to check it out though.

Dean Ferry 04-15-2008 08:27 AM

We went thru the same thing here in Florida, concerning the $TM club and all the manatee zones. Boater apathy is rampant.
BTW, I sent an email to the Gov.
Hope it helps, BUT our experience here in Florida was NOT good, especially when going up against organizations, (Like the $TM Club, Sierra Club, etc.) with BIG $$ and misinformed general public sentiment against us.
Good luck,
Dean

TexomaPowerboater 04-15-2008 08:27 AM

Welcome to OSO.......... Is it just me or is this site going down hill............

For what its worth......... I have donated money to the cause.

getchasum111 04-15-2008 08:44 AM

i scrolled past also....but wrote them a sweet one just now...