Notices

March Hot Boat Article

Old 02-19-2002, 09:57 PM
Charter/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking March Hot Boat Article

Just read the boat tests in the March Hot Boat Article. Fastcats you must love it! Without a doubt, your 31' AO is the best priced rocket in the tests. Great job keep up the AO name, still want a 31', my 26' is a little too short and wide for the bad Atlantic Ocean off of AC,NJ. PS, are you still doing the american flag decals down the side of the 26' AO's? Maybe interested if I keep my 26 for this summer.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:19 PM
Registered

Hey Steve,

That was a great article!
Old 02-20-2002, 12:27 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Must say........the pictures were really nice too

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-20-2002, 06:27 AM
FASTCATS

Hi BlueAmerican,

The article wasn't bad, the water that day was pretty snotty, if you look back you will see water conditions were rough, while all of the others were moderate, I think if we could have found the right water we would have seen the 134mph that we got the day before, we even showed the gps speedo recall to them!

The only part that I didn't like is where they said we didn't have any cup holders and right beside the statement was a picture showing six! They said that our weight of 6800 was heavy while the weight of the 30 eliminator at 6800 was light. Whats up with that?

Yep, we're doing the American flag behind the model numbers, I'll get you a set if you want. We had a 3100 here in Miami w hp500's that ran 102.7 with full tanks of fuel and only a few hours old. The whole boat is an American flag!

Scott

Old 02-20-2002, 06:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Fastcats,

You just don't give as much money to Hot Boat as Eliminator does.

mike
Old 02-20-2002, 06:49 AM
FASTCATS

KatDrvr,

You may be right! and BlueAmerican said it, we are priced very competitive, ... hey! maybe that's why we were having ham sandwiches on the dock at the show and those guys were upstairs having steaks! Actually we like ham sandwiches, LOL!

Old 02-20-2002, 07:13 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Fastcats,

Did you get a chance to run side by side with the Elim. in the rough water? Just curious how AO ride compares to the Elim. My guess is much better in the rough.

mike

Last edited by Katdrvr; 02-20-2002 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:45 AM
FASTCATS

Hey Kat,

No we did not run side by side with the 33, however we did have 3 people that rode in theirs and came over and we went thru the same path on demo rides and so far 2 have bought from us, I'm not saying that one is better than the other, although I am biased, but my customers have made comments, that I think in all fairness, should not be repeated. My opinion is that Eliminator builds a good boat and Bob is a nice guy. Our boat likes the rough and then again ... maybe we just got lucky. Who knows!

Scott

Old 02-20-2002, 08:31 AM
Registered

Hey Scott, great article. Love that boat since my ride in Tex's 3100 a few years ago. Don't know if you can answer this, but why have the other owners bought AO, then turn around and sell it again? Everything I've read say's you're improving the quality and all, but were the other owners just poor business men? Did they think they'd make a million over night and then realize boat buildings a tough business? Just looking at company stability. Hopefully you'll have it when I hope to move up, I'll be calling you!

Thanks,
Craig
Old 02-20-2002, 07:42 PM
Charter/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Default Why did they sell???

I think I can answer, business is business. My first AO was a 26' from Ed Ferro in 95' (the powerboat mag special), great boat, fast, workmanship needed a little help, engine was wild, did go over 100mph, but radical, got mad, sold it on a whim. Got another Cat (Talon 22') great boat, workmanship etc., too small and not fast enough. Called Ed Ferro, traded the Talon for another 26' AO, Steve D'Nick bought company with brother's Art's money. Boat was much better quality, workmanship etc. Steve tried to race boat to promote etc., I guess Art wanted money back quicker (who can blame an investor for a good rate of return), Now Scott steps in with experience with Emerald and I think "Sugar Sand Jet boats" (the greatest jet boats on the market) and will give it a try. Quality is important, rigging, fit, look, etc., but to pay three times as much for a Skater, I will take an AO every day. Business is business, somewhere in between having fun, living, working with boats, you have to pay the bills and make some money, and I wish Scott all the luck with AO, keep up the great work, and I will be in touch. Steve P.

Quick Reply: March Hot Boat Article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.