Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
were can I get my headers pressure tested in Miami >

were can I get my headers pressure tested in Miami

Notices

were can I get my headers pressure tested in Miami

Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now if only a dog would piss on him, we would be in good shape...
Old 04-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

CMI flow tested mine,4cfm they said was good, I guess this will also ck for leaks

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:58 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

I'll delete all the posts as not to dilute the topic starters request, I apologize for stooping down to minor league's and arguing, I have 38 years doing this crap, you might be surprised at what I know, i've seen it all, sorry to derail a topic...

good day

Last edited by BUIZILLA; 04-18-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

As I stated many many times now... Mr_V used to do it your way and he was not finding any leaks...he called me up to give me the good news that his 1998 CMI's still didn't have any leaks...... I told him what to do and he called me back and told me he found some small leaks as soon as he put a little heat to it.... PS, we're not talking cherry red as you have suggested....just a little heat to expand the metal....

You have your way, I have mine, it's what makes the world go around.... Next time I test a set I will use your method again and see how it goes, even though I abandoned it a number of years back... How's that, fair?

Have a good day...

Last edited by Panther; 04-18-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:46 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

I never said anywhere the words *cherry red*, you made that up, and made up other statements you think I said, to embellish your position..

if you are ASE Certified, I was involved as an instructor/technician that wrote the test questions for some of those initial exams for turbochargers and superchargers. Engine and OE component manufacturer's sent me there because of my knowledge. They only take the best in their field. Don't question my integrity, my experience, my reputation, call me retarded, and assume I need/do drugs because you don't agree with me or documented industry accepted facts. That IS slander. I'm not an idiot...

furthermore, i'm not editing any more, nor do I owe you an apology. I don't do drugs, and i'm not retarded, there is no slander to YOU whatsoever, I stand hard by my opinions. I'm done, you don't make demands of what I do, or what I say, or what I post, or what I should edit to your liking, in any shape or form... period.

you can have the last word, do as you see fit, i'm done.

respectfully.. JH

Last edited by BUIZILLA; 04-18-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

You did, you deleted the post Mr. Bush....

To support your method of using air, use 60 lbs of regulated air as you suggested, heat the critical areas (this expands the metal and also crushes salt build up if it's sealing the crack) , then use soapy water or anything that bubbles to test for leaks if you're fixated on using air....

I made a few points which when submersing in water doesn't allow you to; 1. Mark where the leak is when it's under water so it can be fixed, 2. let you "see" where the leak is coming from unless it's in plain sight because it's under water. I don't know, maybe you get int the tank with scuba gear., 3. Allow you to apply some heat to critical areas that are prone to leaks; eg. flange and collector areas. (super under water blow torch).

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
add 60#'s of regulated air drop them in a huge igloo cooler if there are air bubbles, they leak, no other way to accurately test
I've found that method to be unreliable. First you can't see inside the tubes if the leak isn't in plain sight and if it needs to be fixed you can't mark it. Second, if the leak is very small or if it doesn't leak unless it is hot you wont be able see it that way. I've had headers that didn't leak, then you put some heat too it and it starts to sizzle and seep out.

Everyone has their own method though...
Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Oh yeah... ASE does not mean anything in the marine world...

And since it's your specialty, diesel engines and exhaust sytems are also a different world.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
Just help the guy with his problem and leave yours out of site !!!
Which is what I was trying to do.... I'll just keep to myself in the future and not offer up information that might help someone. I'm done with this place.

Lowblue, I appologize for this getting out of hand and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Later folks
Old 04-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered

What a funny thread!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
I never said anywhere the words *cherry red*, you made that up, and made up other statements you think I said, to embellish your position..

if you are ASE Certified, I was involved as an instructor/technician that wrote the test questions for some of those initial exams for turbochargers and superchargers. Engine and OE component manufacturer's sent me there because of my knowledge. They only take the best in their field. Don't question my integrity, my experience, my reputation, call me retarded, and assume I need/do drugs because you don't agree with me or documented industry accepted facts. That IS slander. I'm not an idiot...

furthermore, i'm not editing any more, nor do I owe you an apology. I don't do drugs, and i'm not retarded, there is no slander to YOU whatsoever, I stand hard by my opinions. I'm done, you don't make demands of what I do, or what I say, or what I post, or what I should edit to your liking, in any shape or form... period.

you can have the last word, do as you see fit, i'm done.

respectfully.. JH

Your still a douchebag. F uck you and your husband. Panther was trying to help, and there is more than one way to skin a cat.
respectfully...JH

Quick Reply: were can I get my headers pressure tested in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.