Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best hotel in Key West for partiers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184743-best-hotel-key-west-partiers.html)

vtec 04-17-2008 09:29 AM

Best hotel in Key West for partiers

I'm considering going to Key West next month (middle of may). My girlfriend, and other members of our party like to drink.

What's a good hotel for 25-35 year old partiers? I do get a discount at the Sheraton Suites, but I am open to other options.

Also, I'm open to activities suggestions, as this is our first time going to Key West. I at least plan to do some charter fishing, and maybe some golf.

DoTheMath 04-17-2008 10:03 AM

I always looked at where you stay as being where you sleep, shower and change... (and that other stuff too ;o). If you want to drink - get away from the hotel and go to Duval St. - (lower end), popular places like Sloppy Joes, Irish Kevin's, Rick's, Hogs Breath, etc... all fun places to drink and rip it up! Then, when the sun starts to come up, stumble back to your hotel away from the noise and commotion and get a couple hours sleep, a bath - and hit the beach (or pool) to "dry out". Plus, if you stay at Ocean Key or the Pier House, you'll pay big $$ for the location and could really spend that money elsewhere. And don't miss sunset celebration - Mallory Sq. - to the south / east of Ocean Key House, your GF will thank you for it!! :cool-smiley-011:

Tom A. 04-17-2008 10:51 AM

Any place on/near Duval especially towards Sunset Pier. Everything is right at your fingertips and you will be stumbling distance home!

Todd Hartigh 04-17-2008 11:32 AM

I have stayed at allot of the hotels on duval. To me, most are cheap run down dumps, but hey you are there to party. A couple of fantasy fests ago we discovered the Southern Cross Hotel. They are an old building with all brand new rooms. It is a very nice place that is one or two blocks from Sloppy Joe's on the opposite side of the street. In my opinion it is the nicest room that is mixed in with the best end of Duval. Plus you can pretty much do what you want and no one will complain.

Don't be fooled by the outside of some of these places. The pegasus looks nice on the outside and is in a great part of Duval but the rooms are crack ho dumps.

The Keywest lodge on duval allows anything you want. (including a pool full of skinny dippers:cool-smiley-027:) The downside is the room is a little dumpy and you are at the Truman st. intersection, that is where the gay section begins. Also it is a little bit of a hike to get down to the Sloppy Joe's end.

MidnightRider 04-17-2008 12:27 PM

Dude, I wish I could live your Rock Star life style while retired at the ripe age of 32.

BRET 04-17-2008 12:33 PM

Just got back Wednesday.

You could try the Southernmost inn. Right at the beginning of Duval. We stayed in a condo at 1800 Atlantic. Very nice but about 2 miles from Duval. As said, your just there to sleep. Party downtown and stumble back.

Wayniac 04-17-2008 01:04 PM

La Concha Inn. Hands down. Great location, great beds and one hell of a view. Good luck.

Wayne

Todd Hartigh 04-17-2008 01:16 PM

Midnight,
I wish 32, I will be 35 in 2 1/2 weeks. Is your boat finished? it will be warmer this weekend.

call me!

thisistank 04-17-2008 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wayniac (Post 2528941)
La Concha Inn. Hands down. Great location, great beds and one hell of a view. Good luck.

Wayne

Couldn't agree more with this! We've stayed there several times and it's a VERY cool old school hotel. Built in the 20's but has been kept up very nice. You can get a room with a balcony that over looks Duval. It's about mid way up Duvall on the right. Still close enough to do the "bar crawl"!:D

ar15meister 04-17-2008 03:40 PM

dont stay at the Blue Lagoon Motel, it is a ****hole and the parrots ****ing bite. It is cheap and you can drink all day and night and yell and carry on-- no families there. But the place is super sketchy, which seems cool at first but it isnt especially if you have cash or a decent car or anything.

We checked out after a bunch of guys threatened to smash up my Z06 and my buddies M3 3 weeks ago (my buddy nailed one of their girlfriends and the guy took exception:angry-smiley-038:) We went straight to the Casa Marina afterwards. I stayed there a few years back when my Dad was with me and I remembered it was nice.

Now the Casa Marina is the best place I have stayed in down there and has a great poolside bar to drink at all day and it is a short cab hop to Duval. The place is beautiful and the service is awesome. We spent 2 days drinking by the pool and ocean and spent the nights drinking/ eating on duval. It is expensive but it is really really nice.

KW activities.....here are some of my insights.

If you want to have a classy meal go to the Commodore for the Surf and Turf-- best.
And the Grand Cafe is really nice too if you want to eat on Duval at a place with real food (not pub food)

Be sure to check out Hemingways house and get the tour. That is my favourite KW activity. His house is beautiful and here is alot of history there. I think I spent like 20 mins just looking at the books he owned. I have done that tour like 25 times over the years-- it is still fun.

Mallory Square is cool for the sunset and you can buy weird hobnobs and **** like souvenirs.

The Scrub Club isnt the best rippers, go to the one down the alley by Ricks. It is awesome. I cant remember the name.

Have Fun,

Adam