Notices

36 concept

Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Ahhhh, makes sense....So to me (not a fisher) who likes the style of the boat and the multi use it wouldn't be a big deal
Yes it would not be such a big deal. My problem is I live in Florida were it rains a lot in the summer and Florida down poors are like a flood! My boating style is to uncover the boat on Friday afternoon and use it all weekend and when it rains at night and is uncovered the bildge pumps work for hours and hours and burn up the battery. My fountain is a self draining cock pit...ie self bailing....so the water does not drain to the bildge and the pumps never come on thus saving expensive battery.

Maybe Concept could rig a boat so it plugs into shore power and the bildge pump runs on shore power and when un pluged it runs on the battery. Still out at sea it is really nice having self bailing cockpit.

If you want the looks of a Cigarette and the sporty looks at 36 Concept is very nice for that. Just keep it covered when out side.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

There's no shore power?? That kind've sucks...Seems that would resolve the problems. What about pulling the plugs when it's on the lift or on the trailer?
Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why is there no shore power my 36 came with it. I always use when layed for periods of time on my lift. never hade a problem.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

It can be easily done. On my Albury Brothers CC there is a 1'x1'x8" well in the back of the boat..the pump can be lifted in and out and rested on the deck or just pull the plug in this area. Water drains right to it. When floating the plug line is just above the water..Ive tried running this way and it works as well..when stopped no water backs in. Good Luck Jeff
Old 04-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Yes it would not be such a big deal. My problem is I live in Florida were it rains a lot in the summer and Florida down poors are like a flood! My boating style is to uncover the boat on Friday afternoon and use it all weekend and when it rains at night and is uncovered the bildge pumps work for hours and hours and burn up the battery. My fountain is a self draining cock pit...ie self bailing....so the water does not drain to the bildge and the pumps never come on thus saving expensive battery.

Maybe Concept could rig a boat so it plugs into shore power and the bildge pump runs on shore power and when un pluged it runs on the battery. Still out at sea it is really nice having self bailing cockpit.

If you want the looks of a Cigarette and the sporty looks at 36 Concept is very nice for that. Just keep it covered when out side.
Shore power, battery charger is an option as well as an option to put a valve on the cockpit drain for use while on the lift. You simply turn a Y valve to switch the drain overboard when it is on the lift. Can not be used when in the water since it boat sits so low in the stern/rear floor. Might reverse flow.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
How do we get her in there !?!??!!?
Jerry, call me. ive got a deal to propose on your 36. 1-419-732-1777 ask for jim jr
Old 04-23-2008, 02:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomdjoe
Shore power, battery charger is an option as well as an option to put a valve on the cockpit drain for use while on the lift. You simply turn a Y valve to switch the drain overboard when it is on the lift. Can not be used when in the water since it boat sits so low in the stern/rear floor. Might reverse flow.
Yes I know shore power and battery charger is an option. I had a battery charger on my 36....NEVER said it was not an option!

When the boat is on the lift you can not get to the drain plug. At least on my lift you can't. Also the Y valve you speak of will not drain the cockpit while on the lift I was told at the Concept both at the Miami show. Also while the boat is sitting in the water since the deck is below the water line the boat will not self bail. You have to be on plane to get the water to run out but again I was told it does not work really well. I was disapointed to here that and kept it to myself but since everyone thinks I do not know anything I had to speak up and post what I was told.

If I was told wrong would someone PLEASE explain this then so we can put it to rest!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:05 AM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Yes I know shore power and battery charger is an option. I had a battery charger on my 36....NEVER said it was not an option!

When the boat is on the lift you can not get to the drain plug. At least on my lift you can't. Also the Y valve you speak of will not drain the cockpit while on the lift I was told at the Concept both at the Miami show. Also while the boat is sitting in the water since the deck is below the water line the boat will not self bail. You have to be on plane to get the water to run out but again I was told it does not work really well. I was disapointed to here that and kept it to myself but since everyone thinks I do not know anything I had to speak up and post what I was told.

If I was told wrong would someone PLEASE explain this then so we can put it to rest!
Why do you always talk about your Fountain when someone is asking about a Concept????
Old 04-23-2008, 07:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Did I miss something????????????

Mike I don't see FOUNTAIN in your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, FOUNTAIN, FOUNTAIN, FOUNTAIN
Old 04-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cfischer
Why do you always talk about your Fountain when someone is asking about a Concept????
Were you quoted me in your post show me where I say Fountain????
If I have mentioned my current boat in the past it is because I am comparing the self bailing part of the Fountain. So, OK how about if I compare the non-self bailing Concept to a Donzi which is a true self bailing boat. I do not own a Donzi so would that make you feel better???

After having a true self bailing CC I can see it is very neccessary. I am not the only who thinks this way, just go to any 1 of the other boating forums where CC's are about the only style boats and you will find thousands of others that feel this way too. Think I pretty much have explained the reasons of self bailing many times here so since you are my watch dog you ought to understand what I am writting about by now. When I was selling my Concept just about everyone that looked at the boat or called about the boat were turned off because it will not self bail.

Hey Blume...how ya been?!?! Still is TX selling boats?

Quick Reply: 36 concept

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.