Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Took the Pantera out today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/184984-took-pantera-out-today.html)

rchevelle71 04-20-2008 06:52 PM

Took the Pantera out today

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks to Frank and Adrian at Premier Performance Marine in Miami, my new motor is running awesome. Took the wife to lunch at the Old Key Lime House in Lantana. Only got 52 out of her today, had a little throttle, and a lot of trim left to go, but Jen was onbard, and it was windy, y'all know how that goes:angry-smiley-038:

jayboat 04-20-2008 07:17 PM

Rick-
I know you are a happy camper now! Glad to see that thing in the water. Congrats.

Lucky Strike Jr 04-20-2008 07:31 PM

Glad to see the boat is running well Rick. I'll be home Thursday for the Summer and you know we will be out over the weekend if the weather is good. Are you going to be around next weekend?

rchevelle71 04-20-2008 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2532328)
Rick-
I know you are a happy camper now! Glad to see that thing in the water. Congrats.

Thanks Jay,

Now that its running again, I'll be bugging you about graphics again soon:D

Rick

rchevelle71 04-20-2008 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr (Post 2532338)
Glad to see the boat is running well Rick. I'll be home Thursday for the Summer and you know we will be out over the weekend if the weather is good. Are you going to be around next weekend?

I'll be in town, but probably not boating next weekend, we are going to the Bon Jovi concert saturday, and probably sleeping late on Sunday:D We'll hook up this summer for sure though.

thedonz 04-20-2008 07:53 PM

Rick,

Glad we could help. Enjoy! You have a beautiful boat.

Frank

Love Machine 04-20-2008 08:46 PM

Nice looking. I took mine out this weekend too for the very first time. It's a nice ride.

Elite Marine 04-20-2008 08:53 PM

Glad to hear you are running!!

Twin O/B Sonic 04-21-2008 12:31 AM

Awesome!

Can't wait to see that boat in person.
Love Pantera's, they are the real deal!

Splashed mine yesterday for the firs time too :)

PS, Rick how bout that tape ??

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...s/DSCF1796.jpg

rchevelle71 04-21-2008 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by thedonz (Post 2532358)
Rick,

Glad we could help. Enjoy! You have a beautiful boat.

Frank

Thanks again Frank:D

rchevelle71 04-21-2008 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Love Machine (Post 2532456)
Nice looking. I took mine out this weekend too for the very first time. It's a nice ride.

If I didnt have mine, i would have bought yours before you did, thats a sweet boat, love the way these things handle:D

rchevelle71 04-21-2008 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic (Post 2532614)

Your DVD is on my desk at home, I just keep forgetting to take it to the PO, send me your address again.

Xray50 04-21-2008 10:58 AM

Looking good Rick!!!!!

Dean Ferry 04-21-2008 12:14 PM

TwinO/B,
Where do you live in Sebastiain? We live on Merritt Island, and boat down your way quite often. There is about 6 of us who are OSOer's and run around the Indian/Banana Rivers and the Atlantic also. Drop me a line the next time you go, hopefully we can hook-up.
Dean

NJgr8ful 04-21-2008 05:56 PM

Nice RC71 :cool: In that very first pic you posted there I almost thought you had mounted up twins (or triples! :rolleyes: ) on that beast ... little optical illusion with the boat in the background :eek: :D The different cowlings gave you away though :evilb:

Glad to hear you're finally getting her dialed in and running strong. Now ya just gotta leave the ole lady at home on those windy days ... or at least drop her at the bar to wait while as you take flight over a few swells.

thedonz 04-21-2008 06:00 PM

hey Rick,

what is that place in the background of your picture...looks like a cool waterfront....how far from Miami and what inlet do I come in????:D

NJgr8ful 04-21-2008 06:05 PM

Yeah TwinO/B where you running in Sebastian ... or where do you keep her moored? My bro just moved his a$$ down to Sebastian too (formerly from NJ), this past year. He is right near, block or 2 west, of Capt Hiram's Sand Bar :cool: :drink: Great place!! You guys ever been there with the Sonic? ... prolly not yet if you just launched it, but a MUST visit place.

rchevelle71 04-22-2008 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful (Post 2533406)
Nice RC71 :cool: In that very first pic you posted there I almost thought you had mounted up twins (or triples! ) on that beast ... little optical illusion with the boat in the background :eek: The different cowlings gave you away though

Glad to hear you're finally getting her dialed in and running strong. Now ya just gotta leave the ole lady at home on those windy days ... or at least drop her at the bar to wait while as you take flight over a few swells.

Thanks,

I noticed that optical illusion also when I made that pic my desktop on the comp. yesterday:D I may still mount twin 225's on it next year, I have to reinforce the transom, and put a bracket on it first, not sure if I wanna subject the old girl to that kind of stress, or just save up for a 300:cool-smiley-026:

Next time the 'Ole lady is staying home, but after spending 3 years every weekend, and every night out in the yard working on it, and most of our spare $$$$, she deserves a ride to the bar every now and then:D

Rick

rchevelle71 04-22-2008 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by thedonz (Post 2533411)
hey Rick,

what is that place in the background of your picture...looks like a cool waterfront....how far from Miami and what inlet do I come in????:D

Hey Frank,

That is Old Key Lime House, it is the oldest waterfront bar/restaurant in Florida. It is just North of Boynton inlet, southwest side of the Lantana Bridge. They have 2 retaurants, and 2 Tiki bars, the owner and his wife split up, and divided the place, one side has table service, and full meals, the other is barfood at the TikiBar. It is an OK place, but not really worth the ride from Miami, I just wanted something different than 2 georges/Bananna Boat, and couldnt deal with the idle to shooters, or the cove, I plan on doing a day on the water in lauderdale soon, if ya wanna drag the Cig up to Shooters.

Rick

wantingmore 04-22-2008 07:54 AM

Congrats Rick,
Good to see it in the water. I'm looking forward to seeing it over here soon.
Tom

rchevelle71 04-22-2008 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by wantingmore (Post 2534051)
Congrats Rick,
Good to see it in the water. I'm looking forward to seeing it over here soon.
Tom

or over there, I may come over next month, if I can get a weekend off between races:D

Wardey 04-22-2008 08:37 AM

Look's good Rick. Congrats !!! Dave

rchevelle71 04-22-2008 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wardey (Post 2534113)
Look's good Rick. Congrats !!! Dave

Thanks Dave,

Will we see ya in lauderdale??

Rick

Wardey 04-22-2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2534201)
Thanks Dave,

Will we see ya in lauderdale??

Rick

Probably not. Lot going on right now. Sarasota for sure tho. Dave

Ed 04-22-2008 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2533953)
Hey Frank,

That is Old Key Lime House, it is the oldest waterfront bar/restaurant in Florida. It is just North of Boynton inlet, southwest side of the Lantana Bridge. They have 2 retaurants, and 2 Tiki bars, the owner and his wife split up, and divided the place, one side has table service, and full meals, the other is barfood at the TikiBar. It is an OK place, but not really worth the ride from Miami, I just wanted something different than 2 georges/Bananna Boat, and couldnt deal with the idle to shooters, or the cove, I plan on doing a day on the water in lauderdale soon, if ya wanna drag the Cig up to Shooters.

Rick

Heres the oldest florida waterfront restaurant & bar... www.CapsPlace.com Congradulations Rick on getting her bottom wet, I know its been years in the making.:cool-smiley-011:

rchevelle71 04-22-2008 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 2534236)
Heres the oldest florida waterfront restaurant & bar... www.CapsPlace.com Congradulations Rick on getting her bottom wet, I know its been years in the making.:cool-smiley-011:

I think your correct on Caps Place, i forgot about that, seems to be some conflict, but I went to ketLimes site, and althought the "House" is older, it doesnt mention anything about the restaurant until 1989. How do i get to Caps by water, wanna try it out sometime. Thanks on the boat.

Ed 04-23-2008 04:09 PM

Caps Place

Cap's Place is just inside the Hillsboro Inlet, about 300 yards north on the west side of the ditch. A very little known secret, thats never publicized, is that you can actually drive right up to the restaurant, without having to take your boat or their shuttle boat. But, hey...thats the romance of Cap's Place.:drink:A lot of history there.

rchevelle71 04-23-2008 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 2536178)
Cap's Place is just inside the Hillsboro Inlet, about 300 yards north on the west side of the ditch. A very little known secret, thats never publicized, is that you can actually drive right up to the restaurant, without having to take your boat or their shuttle boat. But, hey...thats the romance of Cap's Place.:drink:A lot of history there.

Cool,

I have heard of it, but thought ya had to take the shuttle.