Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What to do when stepping on a sun lounge??? >

What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???

Notices

What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???

Old 04-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 31 Posts

no shoes and no tops
Old 04-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swamplizard
no shoes and no tops
Thats it!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I don't step on mine if I can keep from it. It pulls the stitching & just isn't good for the material.
If we stop somewhere where we'll be tied up in a way that makes people have to travel from boat to boat, I put my hatch up to keep people off of it.
Use the swim platform to walk on, crawl on the hatch. You don't walk on the furniture in your house, why do it on your boat.

Seriously? Are you trying to make it last forever or what? Why not just enjoy it!!!!! Isn't that why you got the boat in the first place?
Attached Thumbnails What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???-img_1191%5B1%5D.jpg   What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???-dscn0066%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 04-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

I do a ton of wake-boarding and have a full sun pad so I have people walking on it all day. as you would expect the sun pad takes a beating, last time I had it recovered I was able to remove one seam and had everything double stitched. Seams are stress risers and typically were it fails. I will have to check in to the towel with suction cups deal, that sounds pretty good. Since the boat moves a simple towel will not work for my application, unlike an at anchor solution. Also as FYI, the more dense foam is easier on vinyl because it does not allow as much stress to be put on threads and vinyl etc if you can tolerate the less cushy feel.

Last edited by happy hours; 04-21-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I don't step on mine if I can keep from it. It pulls the stitching & just isn't good for the material.
If we stop somewhere where we'll be tied up in a way that makes people have to travel from boat to boat, I put my hatch up to keep people off of it.
Use the swim platform to walk on, crawl on the hatch. You don't walk on the furniture in your house, why do it on your boat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxYabRqEIr8

Jason, its a good thing you had your back to all these people walking on the hatch!!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts
Default Great ideas, thanks folks!

I like the yoga matt and the towel w/suction cups idea.

Couple of points on my useage.
It will be used and abused. When you and your guests are in and out of the boat all day it's tough to make them take their shoes off every time.
We live on our boat for the weekend too. It's not just a day boat. So that means the dock ('s), beach, rafting etc, etc.

Also in my boat even with the old interior you need some long ass legs to step to the floor instead of the bench seat.
With the lounge I'm building for it your not going to have a choice.

Was already planning on very dense foam for same reason listed above.
The vinyl makes a huge difference too.
When I had my old Sonic re-covered I Fk'd up by listening to the guy doing it.He sold me on a heavier material (it was) but that had no sheen to it compared to original.
If you spilled anything on it (was white too), it was there forever!
Soaked right in and I spent the rest of the time I owned that boat fighting it.
The 15 yr old vinyl that came out was all brittle and cracking but didn't have a single stain on it.

Gary
Old 04-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxYabRqEIr8

Jason, its a good thing you had your back to all these people walking on the hatch!!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

This is some early pics of the Katwalkz this is without the suction cups and with out the halfnaked model on it yet. We are shooting those pics this week in Havasu. The Zoe Deck is like this only smaller with or with out the nonslip matting
Attached Thumbnails What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???-td1.jpg   What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???-td2.jpg  
Old 04-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Seriously? Are you trying to make it last forever or what? Why not just enjoy it!!!!! Isn't that why you got the boat in the first place?
I have to agree. I think you should party on it, it makes a great dance floor, crash pad, etc. Along with your nice sun pad, put a great stereo in the boat, and then the gang really wants to get up and dance. Isn't that what the boat is all about anyway. If you wear it out partying on it, there could be no better life! Plus of everything on the boat, it probably is the easiest upholstery to repair.
Attached Thumbnails What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???-dsc00531.jpg   What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???-dsc00962.jpg   What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???-dscn0948.jpg  

Old 04-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

But when below the pad, would highly recommend footwear
Attached Thumbnails What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???-dsc00994.jpg  

Quick Reply: What to do when stepping on a sun lounge???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.