Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   what would you do (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/185218-what-would-you-do.html)

DALLAS 04-23-2008 12:44 PM

what would you do

i took my 28 eliminator daytona into a marina to get the starbaord water pump changed. i have a extended warranty on the engines. the marina told me it would take 14 or more hours to do the work. they said they have to pull the motor. i was told by the service mgr that my warranty will only cover 8 hours. and i will have to pay the rest. so i called the warranty co, and asked why would they only cover 8 hours. i was told that they called the factory and they where told 8 hours was plenty of time. so i called the fatory and 3 other boat dealerships. and i was told the same thing by all. that 3 hours was plent and the warranty co was being overly generouse. and the engine does not have to be pulled. what would you do? thanks

OldSchool 04-23-2008 12:47 PM

Take it somewhere else.:eureka::eureka:

Dean Ferry 04-23-2008 12:48 PM

BS on havin to pull the engine, 3 hours to replace the water pump is about right.
Go get your boat and take it somewhere else.
Dean

jayhawk261 04-23-2008 12:48 PM

I think I would take it to another shop. Probably one that quoted 3 hours. Is this the raw water pump or the circulating pump?

sellsman11 04-23-2008 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 2535908)
Take it somewhere else.:eureka::eureka:

DING DING DING.....We have a winner!!:eureka:

berns29scarab 04-23-2008 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by sellsman11 (Post 2535914)
DING DING DING.....We have a winner!!:eureka:

WHAT HE SAID

TexomaPowerboater 04-23-2008 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by DALLAS (Post 2535904)
i took my 28 eliminator daytona into a marina to get the starbaord water pump changed. i have a extended warranty on the engines. the marina told me it would take 14 or more hours to do the work. they said they have to pull the motor. i was told by the service mgr that my warranty will only cover 8 hours. and i will have to pay the rest. so i called the warranty co, and asked why would they only cover 8 hours. i was told that they called the factory and they where told 8 hours was plenty of time. so i called the fatory and 3 other boat dealerships. and i was told the same thing by all. that 3 hours was plent and the warranty co was being overly generouse. and the engine does not have to be pulled. what would you do? thanks

Where are you located? Dallas? Not many places around the metroplex that can work on these boats. I would pick the boat up NOW.

johnnyboatman 04-23-2008 12:55 PM

do it ur self its not that hard.

DollaBill 04-23-2008 12:56 PM

Get it the heck out that shop. 3-4 hours is plenty and flat rate is 8 hours! The shop is doing well on that job. You don't have to pull the engine.

DALLAS 04-23-2008 01:06 PM

wisconsin

im in wisconsin. i just sent them a fax saying i wont ok any more than 8 hours. they all ready have some things apart. if they dont agree i will pull it out of there